Post-Game Talk: Champs vs Ex Champs 7pm (Caps v Penguins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrGreen92

Mar 13, 2019
Well as the partner said I hope you act like a professional and this talk ends . Thank you all for giving your opinion here in my country there are no NHL fans, and sometimes one has doubts and it is fantastic to have opinions from other fans.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I agree Kuzy played well in the first period and his compete level was high. Might just take a bit for it all to gel if he has been semi-phoning it in up until now.
I am not worried about him at all to be honest. He is a superstar.

Ovi - dont believe anything Crosby said, hes trying to soften you up for playoffs if we meet them.

To me the biggest thing we face when playing the Penguins is our own emotions. Every game between the two seems to come down to composure, both teams really really are on the edge when we play each other and the team that can play their own game should win more often. Good thing for us is that our game includes physically imposing ourselves on them and gives us the upper hand in terms of having the easier time staying composed. Technically speaking.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
By the playing standard he’s set himself, aweful isn’t that far off from last night.

I hope Ovy and other team leaders pull him aside if they haven’t already.

I also don’t buy that they could only trade him for a massive downgrade. If that’s true, something is seriously wrong with the player and the other GM’s know it. The arguable Conn Smythe player we saw last Spring is certainly going to return a bounty. The guy we saw last night....not so much.

I’d just prefer he act like a pro and work his **** out so this talk can stop.

But there's nothing certain about it. There have been plenty of star players that were traded because of perceived flaws and the return was nothing to write home about. And we're talking about a scenario were Kuz starts performing badly enough in playoffs to really make the Caps consider trading him -- well, that would also decrease his value to teams.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
One regulation loss and the guy who won us the Cup year ago is on the trade block.

Yikes.

You'd think Caps fans knew already how little the regulation season means.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
One regulation loss and the guy who won us the Cup year ago is on the trade block.

Yikes.

Not sure anyone wants him traded and if they do? well, that's absolutely ridiculous.

But.. Kuzy needs to be called out. He's playing as the 1C and has been almost atrocious at times. If sitting him a game (not happening) or moving him to the 3rd-4th line for a few shifts is all it takes, then that's what needs to happen. Either way, the whole team was dominating and he single handily flipped the home team all the momentum in the world.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Yikes.

Old habits die hard. Winning the regular season used to be all we had.

I don't think anyone wants to trade him, but it's ok to wonder, if we did eventually decide to move on, what sort player we would fetch in return.

All that talk will end when 92 hoists his Conn Smythe in 3 months.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Yikes.

First game you’ve watched all year? ;)

Hardly anyone calling for his trade, just humoring the idea.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
But there's nothing certain about it. There have been plenty of star players that were traded because of perceived flaws and the return was nothing to write home about. And we're talking about a scenario were Kuz starts performing badly enough in playoffs to really make the Caps consider trading him -- well, that would also decrease his value to teams.

Someone is this thread called him a “superstar”. When was the last”superstar” traded that didn’t return a good bounty?

Me, I don’t think he quite deserves the superstar label until he starts being dominant all the time. Certainly has the talent, but the rest of the equation is a question mark.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Someone is this thread called him a “superstar”. When was the last”superstar” traded that didn’t return a good bounty?

Me, I don’t think he quite deserves the superstar label until he starts being dominant all the time. Certainly has the talent, but the rest of the equation is a question mark.

Taylor Hall.

Player who is dominant all the time doesn't exist.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Jaromir Jagr from the Pens to Caps? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad