Post-Game Talk: Champions vs Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Top of the Metro is tighter than a cat's ass so it would be prudent to secure 2 points.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Odd that Rierden says that and then puts Boyd and DSP in. Boyd was the worst player on the ice against Dallas and DSP has been awful all season.
I imagine he's thinking cumulatively, not just last game. He's nailing down his postseason lineup. And I suspect RS expectations for Devo are virtually nonexistent. He gets in for the chemistry/reps he'll need come playoff time.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I imagine he's thinking cumulatively, not just last game. He's nailing down his postseason lineup. And I suspect RS expectations for Devo are virtually nonexistent. He gets in for the chemistry/reps he'll need come playoff time.

I think Dowd on the whole has been better than Boyd, and Jaskin has been better than DSP. Stephenson-Dowd-Jaskin is my preferred 4th line right now.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I think Dowd on the whole has been better than Boyd, and Jaskin has been better than DSP. Stephenson-Dowd-Jaskin is my preferred 4th line right now.
Completely agreed. I like Boyd for the offensive flair he can bring to a 4th line but I also think Dowd is a better fit to play there as the game gets more important and defense starts to ramp up.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Boyd is as top-6 as they come. Love his vision and passing ability. A 4th line center he is not.

I threw a Burakovksy + Boyd for Ferland idea on the trade board yesterday but it got drowned in an ocean of Leaf flavored manure.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
All of the returning Cup champs are likely to get roster spots going into the postseason barring injury or totally shitting the bed.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
As I've posted in the mains there is clear separation between the top & bottom 4 in the Metro. Plus only a 2 pt spread among those top 4. Caps are tied for last w/NYI in ROW among those 4 too.

Mid point of season game. Caps don't want to make it easy for any of the other 3 to pass them. One way or the other get a W today !

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I just don't see it with Jaskin. He's the ultimate try hard, accomplish nothing player at this level.

Although this is most probably true, this is exactly how I would have described DSP until the Cup run. Or after the Cup run...

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
How is Dowd not playing more? The kid had like 8 points in last 10 games in December. He was great. He played great on minimum minutes and now is just scratched... weird.

Love Bowey is scratched though. He has t been good. Too many penalties.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I also really like Dowd. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Boyd was being showcased for a trade. I like the kid but we're a win-now team so potential is less valuable to us. And we need an upgrade on 65, so as someone else mentioned, trade them both for a versatile 2-way top 9 winger who's good enough to fill in in next to 19 or 92 in a pinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad