GWT: Champions League - Semifinal

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Madrid’s looked defeated again since the second goal. It looks like the first 25 minutes again.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
And this is with Grealish and Haaland being ass so far ... Rodri is a monster though, almost single handedly directing the whole play

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The biggest difference I'm seeing in this game is in midfield.

Every time there's a second ball in the middle of the pitch City is getting to it without much issue.

Madrid's backline is under siege because their midfielders are basically doing nothing to keep the ball for any length of time and the attackers are totally out of the game because there's no link up.

It's very clear the Camavinga is being played out of position and that's not helping things either.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The biggest difference I'm seeing in this game is in midfield.

Every time there's a second ball in the middle of the pitch City is getting to it without much issue.

Madrid's backline is under siege because their midfielders are basically doing nothing to keep the ball for any length of time and the attackers are totally out of the game because there's no link up.

It's very clear the Camavinga is being played out of position and that's not helping things either.
City is simply too good. There is maybe 2/3 players that break into the squad from Madrid.

Madrid have been pretty awful for awhile, they just get by on experience and pedigree. Today no such luck.

Reactions: I am not exposed

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
City is simply too good. There is maybe 2/3 players that break into the squad from Madrid.

Madrid have been pretty awful for awhile, they just get by on experience and pedigree. Today no such luck.

I'll believe it once the 100th minute has passed

*edited - mistype

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011

We regressed quite a bit when Carlo went back to the old guard at midfield. Excited to see how we do with a new coach and hopefully new full backs next year.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Madrid significantly better in this half, but haven't really had any amazing chances.

The two big saves that Ederson has made were on 30+ yard FKs which would have been wondergoals, instead of on actual decent chances.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Oh well, I get new full backs and a new midfielder next year. Hopefully our coach tries to make an effort for the league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad