GWT: Champions League - Semifinal

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Alvarez has been living a fairytale this past year. He will complete football in a year in what took Messi 15 years.

Would be hilarious if Martinez won it after his horrific WC

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Madrid controlled the play in the 2nd half of the 1st leg the same way that Bayern did, for a few minutes
Madrid may done it for a few minutes, but Bayern controlled the play for ~30 minutes in the first and another 10-15 minutes at the start of the 2nd half of the first leg.

In the second leg, they controlled even more of the match and straight-up outplayed City.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Losing is fine, but this was completely embarrassing and a bad look on the brand as a whole. 95% of RM fans could see this team wasn't setup properly heading into the match.

This is a wasted opportunity, City aren't some ungodly side here. With the proper 11 this tie was definitely winnable. Disaster.

I really hope the club seriously considers walking away from Kroos and Modric, I'm grateful for all they've done, but neither strike me as the type who are going to accept bench roles. At some point you have to take the toys away.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Bring back Zizou? Lol

Xabi Alonso is not ready yet imo

Julian?
Wouldn’t surprise me if they call Xabi if Zizou doesn’t want it. They’ll go a former player,
Imo

Losing is fine, but this was completely embarrassing and a bad look on the brand as a whole. 95% of RM fans could see this team wasn't setup properly heading into the match.

This is a wasted opportunity, City aren't some ungodly side here. With the proper 11 this tie was definitely winnable. Disaster.

I really hope the club seriously considers walking away from Kroos and Modric, I'm grateful for all they've done, but neither strike me as the type who are going to accept bench roles. At some point you have to take the toys away.
Madrid wasn’t beating Man City. We probably wouldn’t have made it as far if we didn’t draw LIverpool and Chelsea. Hell we probably shouldn’t have even won last year.

Todays fixture was much needed, as it will probably lead to a squad overhaul.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Alvarez is on his way to getting City another cool 50+ million when he wants a move out, would pay the entire Haaland transfer lol. He's an amazing player.

Also, this is why I drafted Lautro so high last fantasy draft, he's becoming pure elegance. Messi retired from the national team and they have him and Alvarez replacing him lol. Embarrassment of riches.

Bring back Zizou? Lol

Xabi Alonso is not ready yet imo

Julian?
Why not give Perez a chance as manager?

Reactions: Power Man

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Alvarez is on his way to getting City another cool 50+ million when he wants a move out, would pay the entire Haaland transfer lol. He's an amazing player.

Also, this is why I drafted Lautro so high last fantasy draft, he's becoming pure elegance. Messi retired from the national team and they have him and Alvarez replacing him lol. Embarrassment of riches.

Why not give Perez a chance as manager?
Alvarez 50M? The guy is worth 100M+

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think his talent is absolutely worth way more than 50 million personally, but his lack of playing time for Citeh sort of decreases the amount they would get for him IMO.
Even when he does get his starts, he had a few games run when Haaland was sitting/injured, he looked just as good.
Expected Foden to get much more starts this year, but he barely cracked first squad... injuries aside.

City had the lead last year in the Semi's against RM and let them back into the game. This time they / pep choked the life out of them from the kick off... no wild flurry at the end for Benzema this go.
(((was just at an MLS match last night, my goodness watching this match after that one really makes you marvel at the talent level of European football... City alone...))))

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad