GWT: Champions League - Round of 16

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
he keeps getting provoked by these insults!
Actually it isn't untrue. Even if you're being ironic.
For instance he once was insulted by a player in Belgium. He spat at the player in reaction, got red carded and threw his jersey at the ref and got banned long time.
So yes SC isn't blowing up by himself. He usually Is provoked.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
For instance he once was insulted by a player in Belgium. He spat at the player in reaction, got red carded and threw his jersey at the ref and got banned long time.
yea but that's on him. if you have 25 red cards because it's that easy for opponents to get under your skin, you're a hothead and honestly probably a liability.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

On what planet is this a legitimate reaction from a manager?

He should know way better than that.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

If your reaction to being insulted is to spit at the player who did it and throw something at the ref who caught you, then that's on you & your poor anger management. Everyone gets provoked, but not everyone reacts to provocation like a child.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

It's not a legitimate reaction from anyone. It's like Zidane's headbutt. Sure, Materazzi might have said something mean. Doesn't mean headbutting him in the World Cup final is the right answer

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
2f07s79_medium.gif

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
yea but that's on him. if you have 25 red cards because it's that easy for opponents to get under your skin, you're a hothead and honestly probably a liability.
Sure and it doesn't mean he isn't provoked.

Have I said it's a legitimate or balanced reaction?
Just wondering if you followed the plot.
I was answering his red cards by reminding he is provoked but can't react properly.
Which hardly means Arteta did nothing. Probably even reinforces the notion Arteta is fully aware he can get SC off his nerves.

If your reaction to being insulted is to spit at the player who did it and throw something at the ref who caught you, then that's on you & your poor anger management. Everyone gets provoked, but not everyone reacts to provocation like a child.
Who says differently?
Again I'm reacting to the notion that because he had multiple red cards he wasn't insulted.

It's not a legitimate reaction from anyone. It's like Zidane's headbutt. Sure, Materazzi might have said something mean. Doesn't mean headbutting him in the World Cup final is the right answer
So you agree Arteta insulted him with your comparison?

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
What are you on about? Have you never heard the phrase "2 wrongs don't make a right"?

It's on him to keep his nerves. Dude is a clown, there's no denying it.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

I was answering his red cards by reminding he is provoked but can't react properly.
Which hardly means Arteta did nothing. Probably even reinforces the notion Arteta is fully aware he can get SC off his nerves.

Who says differently?
Again I'm reacting to the notion that because he had multiple red cards he wasn't insulted.

The way you phrased it made it seem like you were justifying him.

Based on the other responses, clearly I'm not the only one who read it that way.

Reactions: IU Hawks fan

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Who says differently?

Being insulted isn't a defense of his over-reactions though. Which is why it seemed like you were defending him. My bad if I misunderstood.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Who says differently?

You wanna go down that road, he probably did something to get insulted

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What are you on about? Have you never heard the phrase "2 wrongs don't make a right"?

It's on him to keep his nerves. Dude is a clown, there's no denying it.
And that surely means Arteta is innocent.
Are are you on about again?

The way you phrased it made it seem like you were justifying him.

Based on the other responses, clearly I'm not the only one who read it that way.
People read what they want to read.
The point of the discussion was never is SC a saint?
It was Meh it can't be right the guy is alway red carded. Thus Arteta or Tuchel (two well known saints themselves) are innocent.

You wanna go down that road, he probably did something to get insulted
Quite possible.
Does that make Arteta innocent though?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
And that surely means Arteta is innocent.
Are are you on about again?
Arteta said he didn't say anything about Conceicao's family. So on the one hand, we have a guy with a history of claiming he's insulted whenever he loses to an English team, who has 25 red cards, and to your point, once spat on a player because he said some mean words. On the other hand, we have Arteta, who is criticized for being too demonstrative with his team on the sideline.
I was talking about your story of him in Belgium.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Considering what Conceicao said Arteta might have said a "hijo de puta", but that in Spanish can be as innocent as a simple "f***"

• Haha
Reactions: Evilo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Arteta said he didn't say anything about Conceicao's family. So on the one hand, we have a guy with a history of claiming he's insulted whenever he loses to an English team, who has 25 red cards, and to your point, once spat on a player because he said some mean words. On the other hand, we have Arteta, who is criticized for being too demonstrative with his team on the sideline.

I was talking about your story of him in Belgium.
Oh you thought Arteta would clearly say "yes I insulted his family".
Makes sense now.

Who cares? He's not the one making a scene in the media.

None of this would be public if Conceicao didn't want it to be. He knows what he's doing.
Hmm, pretty sure it's the discussion?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Ryerson and Schlotterbeck are out so Dortmund either has to have Can at CB or Wolf at RB. Not sure which I'd prefer if I'm honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad