GWT: Champions League - Quarterfinals

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Are you saying sports are not measured in trophies/saying sports being measured by trophies is an outrageous suggestion?
Nobody said that. Did you notice how we were discussing the UCL games in this thread, and believe it or not, we were not having a discussion about which players have won the most trophies. You just can't form a logical opinion so defaulted to bringing that up.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nobody said that. Did you notice how we were discussing the UCL games in this thread, and believe it or not, we were not having a discussion about which players have won the most trophies. You just can't form a logical opinion so defaulted to bringing that up.
It wasn't the LFC fans that brought Salah into this. That was the Arsenal fans who cannot deal with Saka shitting the bed today

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Are you saying sports are not measured in trophies/saying sports being measured by trophies is an outrageous suggestion?
I'm just saying that by your logic, you think Mariano Diaz is better than Mo Salah. If you have issues with your own logic, that's between you and yourself.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Then why is Man City in first place in the EPL as we speak?
The same reason LFC (and West Ham) are the last English team standing in Europe. They are pretty good.

They just literally are not the same team that won the treble. You cannot say that.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It wasn't the LFC fans that brought Salah into this. That was the Arsenal fans who cannot deal with Saka shitting the bed today
It's okay to just say you didn't watch the game today. Or did you watch it and just don't understand tactics?

"Oh but if it always worked to have two LBs, then why don't all teams do it?" Most teams don't have two LBs that are at a high enough level. And even if they do, they don't have one that has the ability to go forward the way Raphael can. Again, if this is a complicated concept for you, that's fine. You've already shown a hopeless naivety when it comes to understanding sports, so I don't have high expectations.

The real question is why Salah got pocketed by Tyrick Mitchell.

Reactions: S E P H

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm just saying that by your logic, you think Mariano Diaz is better than Mo Salah. If you have issues with your own logic, that's between you and yourself.
Except it isn't that black and white,l and I suspect that you know that too.

It's okay to just say you didn't watch the game today.
It's okay to say Saka choked in a big game again. Did he limp off this time?

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
You: "Wow Saka sucked today"
Us: "Well actually he got double teamed, and Arsenal opted to play down the left"
You: "Good players should be able to beat double teams"
Us: "Funny how Salah didn't do well against Atalanta/Crystal Palace based on tactics"
You: "SALAH HAS SO MANY TROPHIES!"

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You: "Wow Saka sucked today"
Us: "Well actually he got double teamed, and Arsenal opted to play down the left"
You: "Good players should be able to beat double teams"
Us: "Funny how Salah didn't do well against Atalanta/Crystal Palace based on tactics"
....and lets go to the video tape
He sure did. I’m not trying to pretend he was good.

Now let’s compare Salah’s trophy cabinet to Saka’s though
and again, I am not the one who brought Salah up here.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ah, I do, which is why your hurrdurr whataboutism when it came to Salah was so foolish. In fact, I wasn't the one who brought trophies into this.
and again, why are you suggesting its unfair to use trophies as a measuring stick

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
and again, why are you suggesting its unfair to use trophies as a measuring stick
You just said we couldn't when it comes to Mariano Diaz v. Salah. Make up your mind, I'm begging you. But even if your cognitive dissonance somehow aligns, it's 3 v. 2 on trophies or 1 v. 0 on trophies as of the same point in their careers. I get it. Your inferiority complex means you need to find a way for Salah to be better as of age 22 and you're scratching and clawing to get there, but unfortunately, much like Salah in his last two matches, you're coming up empty.

Anyway, back to ignore for you. You've had your fill of trolling and I respect that. Anything to keep your mind off of Atalanta knocking you out tomorrow.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Just watched the replay of Bayern's goal again. Tomiyasu actually deserves much of the blame there. Martinelli tracks Sane all the way down to the goal line and then drifts back towards the edge of the box. Meanwhile Tomiyasu just stared at an out of play Sane (completely offside) while Kimmich made that run into the box to score the goal.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You just said we couldn't when it comes to Mariano Diaz v. Salah. Make up your mind, I'm begging you. But even if your cognitive dissonance somehow aligns, it's 3 v. 2 on trophies or 1 v. 0 on trophies as of the same point in their careers. I get it. Your inferiority complex means you need to find a way for Salah to be better as of age 22 and you're scratching and clawing to get there, but unfortunately, much like Salah in his last two matches, you're coming up empty.

Anyway, back to ignore for you. You've had your fill of trolling and I respect that. Anything to keep your mind off of Atalanta knocking you out tomorrow.
Yes I think Salah is better than Mariano Diaz. No I don’t think winning trophies is the only relevant metric, and I never said it was the only metric. That’s pretty easy.

You are comparing things that aren’t equal here. I said let’s compare trophies since Saka debuted in 2018, but that was ignored (gee I wonder why) and then it was compare both players at 22 which ignores quite a great deal. I was distracted by the suggestion of Community Shield as a barometer which is absolutely ridiculous. Salah was a late bloomer. Saka has basically been nurtured to be a star since he was a child. No need to really go into details there, but to compare both players at 22 is really missing the point. Both players are good both players can have a bad game. One fan base can accept when their player has a bad game, one cannot. That is the difference here.

Yeah maybe LFC get knocked out tomorrow but you should really stop dissing Atalanta. They knocked out a better version of the team that knocked yall out at the same stage last year. You should show them more respect

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
You are comparing things that aren’t equal here. I said let’s compare trophies since Saka debuted in 2018, but that was ignored (gee I wonder why) and then it was compare both players at 22 which ignores quite a great deal.
Gee I wonder why no one took seriously your suggestion to compare trophies won by Saka in his age 16-22 seasons to Salah's age 25-31 seasons. We're all trying to figure that one out!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Saka ain't Messi, but then who is?

Wirtz?

Holy smokes, the pettiness of Savant knows no bounds. Go read a book or go outside brethren.

Oh, so their two best players? :D The funny thing is right after I posted that, I realised that Bayern spent 100 on Kane lol.

*1 of their best players. You could take advantage of the incompetence of clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal too :dunno:

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Na. My CBS feed started cutting out right when MC put in their keeper to take the penalty shot. Just anti climatic for me after watching that entire game and having to see what happened through here.
Yikes
Sorry bro

Golden State Warriors lost

We have Wemby

Barca and Pathertico lost

EPL teams lost

We beat City

Life is decent

Edit : not sure why HFboards likes to lump in separate posts together

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad