BarcelonaParis Saint-GermainTue., Apr. 16, 2:00 PMEstadi Olimpic Lluis Companys
Bayern MunichArsenalWed., Apr. 17, 2:00 PMAllianz Arena
Manchester CityReal MadridWed., Apr. 17, 2:00 PMThe Etihad

Reactions: Bijelo

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Damn, I didn't realise that 2 and 4 have such an easy path to the finals. PSG might actually win it this year because of that.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
When the draw was announced I had more faith in Bayern than I do now. You know, UCL pedigree and all that versus an inexperienced team. But now I don't see much hope for them. That team is broken, like more broken than I thought a few weeks ago. Arsenal by all means should and need to be able to pull it off.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Bayern is certainly looking much worse right now than they were at the time. Still, it's quite common for domestic form to go out the window when it comes to the CL, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a different Bayern tonight. But Arsenal definitely needs to capitalise tonight on home ground if they want to go through.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
When the draw was announced I had more faith in Bayern than I do now. You know, UCL pedigree and all that versus an inexperienced team. But now I don't see much hope for them. That team is broken, like more broken than I thought a few weeks ago. Arsenal by all means should and need to be able to pull it off.
Arsenal is still Arsenal and Bayern is still their boogeyman.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Bayern is certainly looking much worse right now than they were at the time. Still, it's quite common for domestic form to go out the window when it comes to the CL, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see a different Bayern tonight. But Arsenal definitely needs to capitalise tonight on home ground if they want to go through.
That is a fair point of course, but I think we're past that with Bayern. Just last weekend they blew a 2-0 lead and lost to a team that, let's face it, most Prem fans on this forum have never heard about. They look poor against bad teams and the only really big game they've had this year, away against Leverkusen, they were severely outclassed.

It is Arsenal we're talking about so you never know.

Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

It's tough to say if Bayern's spirits are broken or if they've just conceded the league to Leverkusen. Wouldn't exactly be a shock if they were focusing their energies on the CL now and looked like a very different team than the one leaking goals left & right in the league.

Especially if Pavlovic is good to go, Leverkusen are the only team to have beaten them with him in the lineup...as he was on the bench for the losses to Lazio, Bremen, & Frankfurt; sick for the loss to Heidenheim; and injured for the losses to Dortmund & Bochum.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It's tough to say if Bayern's spirits are broken or if they've just conceded the league to Leverkusen. Wouldn't exactly be a shock if they were focusing their energies on the CL now and looked like a very different team than the one leaking goals left & right in the league.

Especially if Pavlovic is good to go, Leverkusen are the only team to have beaten them with him in the lineup...as he was on the bench for the losses to Lazio, Bremen, & Frankfurt; sick for the loss to Heidenheim; and injured for the losses to Dortmund & Bochum.
I think the Leverkusen game was more than just a loss. They still had a real shot at the league if they had won or even drawn that game, but they ended up being outclassed in a way I can't remember happening with them in the Bundesliga. I can't say how the rest of the team felt but Müller's post game didn't scream not caring to me. Even the game against Dortmund, the league was most likely done at that point, but I don't think they'd want to lay an egg even if they had given up on the league at that point.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think the Leverkusen game was more than just a loss. They still had a real shot at the league if they had won or even drawn that game, but they ended up being outclassed in a way I can't remember happening with them in the Bundesliga. I can't say how the rest of the team felt but Müller's post game didn't scream not caring to me. Even the game against Dortmund, the league was most likely done at that point, but I don't think they'd want to lay an egg even if they had given up on the league at that point.

I meant since that Leverkusen loss, so I dunno what to make of their Dortmund & Heidenheim defeats. Until that loss to Leverkusen it was all still very much up in the air, but after that they didn't really have much to play for in the league.

Reactions: JoVel

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Pavlovic not in the starting XI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad