GWT: Champions League - Quarterfinals

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Jesus horrendous there even if it was offside
Jesus would be 25% more talented if he had 5% more brains. I did not see the play in question, but he does two things which prevent him from being world-class, he always tries to take an extra step before he gets his shot away (which leads to the majority of his shots getting blocked) and he tries to shoot post and in every single effing time and he misses on practically 88% of them.

As a reminder, this Bayern team is still on pace to have more points than last year's Bayern team, which knocked PSG out of the CL
Yeah, but Tuchel is at the helm. That is like having Captain Edward Smith in charge of the Titanic, it got very far in its first voyage, but the results were still bad when all things considered.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hey, sorry, your European thread isn't until tomorrow. Enjoy getting knocked out by a midtable Serie A team.
Oh no. I guess I’ll watch my highlights of winning the Champions League to cheer me up. You can do the same….oh wait, never mind. It’s okay, you can borrow that picture of Klopp again next year

Also yall got knocked out by a Portuguese team last year so I wouldn’t be bragging too much about a Serie A side.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
At the end of the day, we had lots of opportunities* that we just didn't take.

*to dive for a penalty
Arsenal has always lacked that "cutting-edge" ever since I've watched them and why teams do not fear us. Not sure what needs to happen, maybe spend more money? I understand that Bayern gets gift-wrapped German players so they do not need to spend a ton of money, but yeah, they aren't spending a ton and they beat a squad that spent 100 million on one player last season...

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
City taking a lot of balls out wide only to find there's nobody to cross the ball to in the box. They should try to shoot from 20-25 m

De Bruyne could have shot there, but seem to rather opt for patient passing around the box. But as it often ends being crosses whiche lead to nothing, especially now that there's no Haaland in the box.

Rudiger had a chance to steal a goal there,

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Arsenal has always lacked that "cutting-edge" ever since I've watched them and why teams do not fear us. Not sure what needs to happen, maybe spend more money? I understand that Bayern gets gift-wrapped German players so they do not need to spend a ton of money, but yeah, they aren't spending a ton and they beat a squad that spent 100 million on one player last season...

I mean I do like the fact that we score by committee. When you look at the fact that our top scorer is way down the list of league top scorers yet as a team we've scored the second-most overall goals... But the point does someone stand for games like this. Still, we're still building as a team

Reactions: S E P H

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
On a team starting Eric Dier at the back lol
No no no. Tuchel used two left backs so it wasn’t fair.

And here is the thing, Bayern is doing the Tuchel FU European run, but Arsenal is way better than them. There’s no way they should have lost today.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

FWIW the only German players on this Bayern team that they were "gifted" are Gnabry & Musiala...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad