GWT: Champions League - Quarterfinals

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Saka ends the tie with a poor choice to take a quick free kick and then an awful, awful corner on the follow up from it.
I mean he found White and Goretzka made a good play. Hardly a poor choice on the free kick.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Guess they’ll have to use Klopp lifting the UCL trophy in Arsenal’s UCL graphics next season too

• Love
Reactions: luiginb

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Saka ends the tie with a poor choice to take a quick free kick and then an awful, awful corner on the follow up from it.
I actually think the quick free kick was smart, but the corner was horrendous.

Arsenal had their half chances, just didn't finish. Can't help but wonder what would have happened if a clear PK had been given in London.

• Haha

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You guys are obsessed lol. One of the best teams in Europe had to play two LBs to contain Saka today.
And it worked.

Trying to make a point by bragging about your player getting shut down is a choice

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I think you have a far higher chance of scoring on a planned free kick from that area than giving the ball to Ben White.
Ben White has more assists this year than everyone on United except Bruno. He's not AWB going forward.

And it worked
Yeah it did. Pretty difficult for any winger to get involved when he's going up against that. The real problem was that other players missed chances.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
As I told you lot after the end of the first leg, we were not going to win because Arsenal was never going to score at Allianz.

With that said, there are some big disappointments regardless of what I thought was going to happen. Number one, losing to a Tuchel-controlled club is pathetic, especially considering how bad this Bayern squad is both tactically and injury-wise. Number two, not necessarily getting scored on by Bayern, but allowing Kimmich of all their players to score on you. Like serious? How?

This seems like an opportunity missed like last year because this Bayern team was there for the taking and they will obviously improve next year with Tuchel leaving and them spending some more funds, there's also a good chance we will eventually be drawn with them again due to the Germany and England cross draws (if the new Final 16 is drawn similar as it has been in previous years).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As I told you lot after the end of the first leg, we were not going to win because Arsenal was never going to score at Allianz.

With that said, there are some big disappointments regardless of what I thought was going to happen. Number one, losing to a Tuchel-controlled club is pathetic, especially considering how bad this Bayern squad is both tactically and injury-wise. Number two, not necessarily getting scored on by Bayern, but allowing Kimmich of all their players to score on you. Like serious? How?

This seems like an opportunity missed like last year because this Bayern team was there for the taking and they will obviously improve next year with Tuchel leaving and them spending some more funds, there's also a good chance we will eventually be drawn with them again due to the Germany and England cross draws (if the new Final 16 is drawn similar as it has been in previous years).
It’s okay. Winning at the Allianz isn’t for everyone

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
As a reminder, this Bayern team is still on pace to have more points than last year's Bayern team, which knocked PSG out of the CL

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
City taking a lot of balls out wide only to find there's nobody to cross the ball to in the box. They should try to shoot from 20-25 m

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad