GWT: Champions League - MW2

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
That CBS crew is trying too hard to be like the NBA on TNT team
Yeah except they got 3 Shaqs and no Barkley.
Henry is somewhat tolerable, though he has a certain smugness about him. Carra is biased as hell and Micah is a clown. Neither are particularly good at analytics, but Micah is just a zero across the board.

All in all, I get more out of football at the odd chance that some manager is a guest (on different chanels, Wenger, Bilic, Mourinho at the 2018 WC) than most of these ex-players. Some are exceptions, but mostly the ex-players are horrible analysts and pundits.

Reactions: Power Man

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
No way would I replace Cartier with Bvlgari. Cartier’s got them beat comfortably considering their current catalog and Cartier keep getting better every year. They’re having a real renaissance right now.. That said Bvlgari have been doing quite well with the Octo Finissimo and were probably too underrated for some time. I prefer Rolex to everybody else though, but Cartier is probably second (along with Lange).
One of the Ortho surgeons I work with has like four to fix Rolexs' and it makes me super jelly. He's a prick though lol.

Have you ever seen this?

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
The amount of games these days decided by some accidental hanball when the ball is nowhere near a dangerous position to be a threat... It's actually disheartening and game-ruining.

This is my biggest concern at his moment.

You probably can't include every possible type of hand contact in the rulebook without leaving something to ref's interpretation, which will lead into some inconsistency, though. But the handball rule is a bit too rigid/strict at this moment.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Also quoting @les Habs in here as well. I personally do not like billboard clothing brands, but you lot really struggling to know that Bernard Arnault is the CEO of Louis Vuitton and is the second wealthiest person in the world due strictly to Louis Vuitton and fashion.

You're right, it doesn't take a great product to make great profits...just like the EPL ;-)

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
One of the Ortho surgeons I work with has like four to fix Rolexs' and it makes me super jelly. He's a prick though lol.

Have you ever seen this?

Haven’t seen that one, but saw one with a Pepsi GMT. Depending on what that was filmed, that Daytona might have dropped a little bit. I won’t touch vintage because of the prices and fear of getting a fake or Frankewatch. Neo vintage Rolex is great though with the five digit references, but then when you factor in those prices you might as well go new assuming you can get one. Anyway, if you’re ever buying and have any questions don’t hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Reactions: S E P H

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Nope. Blatant hadball.

The ONLY thing that may save him if it happened outside the box and then VAR can't intervene, not even if he would otherwise be red-carded for it.

Overall, between these two incidents in the game and the other game, I can count a number of games directly influenced by wrong calls this CL round:

- Porto v Barca - 2 penalties for Porto (1 debatable as it may have been handball outside the box)
- Napoli v RM - ridiculous call on the Napoli penalty (from the world's best ref IMO, which makes is even worse)
- Atleti v Feyenoord - first Morata goal should never have been allowed, mindboggling decision
- Salzburg v Real Sociedad - AT LEAST debatable, but IMO Le Normand could've (and should've) been sent off for a professional last man foul in the 15 min and Sociedad should've been down to 10 men (he only got a yellow)

Part of it is down to the refs, but the part is some rules that have been changed and changed again, and mostly for the worse, and mostly not in the spirit of the game.
The amount of games these days decided by some accidental hanball when the ball is nowhere near a dangerous position to be a threat... It's actually disheartening and game-ruining.

Shocking. How many of these refs do not understand football, it's actually shocking.
I can tell you from personal experience, I know 3 guys who reffed (1 ref 1st division Croatian League, 1 ref youth football and 1 linesman who reffed 1st division AND EURO/CL games) - 2/3 basically never played football and know it from rulebooks and TV,

The linesman who got to take part in CL games and ref games with Cristiano Ronaldo etc... Is the most clueless of them all.
(not many Croatian refs got to ref Man Utd at Old Trafford, yet he did... and is clueless... he'll cite some rulebook stuff, but he does not actually understand the game, I swear).

Blatant handball, but definitely outside the box. As for Nacho, harsh handball, but he had a hold of Osimhen’s sleeve with the offending hand anyway.

Agreed on the rule. Still can’t believe how they’ve changed it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00