GWT: Champions League - MW 5

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
no handball offence should be called on a player if the ball is previously deflected from his own body

Just an atrocious officiating job at the end of the game. To only hand out 1 yellow card when 4-5 players literally chased him all over the pitch and then to give the handball despite the deflection.

He absolutely let the crowd and the angry players convince him.

Reactions: Venkman and luiginb

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I can't say I was overly optimistic about BVB advancing when I saw this group, especially with their struggles in the Bundesliga. So to say them clinching a spot with one round still to go is a pleasant surprise would be an understatement. Would have clinched first in the group too if not for a late penalty for PSG.

Reactions: cgf

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Called it, Newcastle needs a ballsier coach than Howe if they want to reach the next level. Happened to them against Liverpool, Arsenal, now PSG.

If Miley's wasn't a handball, that one wasn't either. If that was a handball Miley's was too. Anyway refs messed up, but PSG deserve the draw.

All contacts with the ball in the box that aren't deliberate or don't prevent goals should just be indirect freekicks, that should solve the problem we have right now where nobody knows what a handball is anymore.

Reactions: maclean and cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Just an atrocious officiating job at the end of the game. To only hand out 1 yellow card when 4-5 players literally chased him all over the pitch and then to give the handball despite the deflection.

He absolutely let the crowd and the angry players convince him.
Since the guy handed about 4 ridiculous yellow for PSG players while Newcastle players got 1 for time wasting...

As for the pen, I believe it's a pen, but indeed, no more of a pen than the previous play.
Both are usually given. But if he refuses the first one, he can't give the second one.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Since the guy handed about 4 ridiculous yellow for PSG players while Newcastle players got 1 for time wasting...

As for the pen, I believe it's a pen, but indeed, no more of a pen than the previous play.
Both are usually given. But if he refuses the first one, he can't give the second one.
It's closer to a pen than the previous play given the ball was going towards the net, but the UEFA guidance explicitly say it should not be given.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad