GWT: Champions League Matchday 6: 12/8-12/9

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Do I need to post United's goal totals in their last 10 matches? Or about their deliberately playing boring football backfiring in two competitions now? Out of the League Cup against Boro, and out of this one.

giphy.gif

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Who gives a **** about the Worthless Cup? United squad for that game was already telling, in addition to the player's effort on the pitch. No one cared if they lost.

20 Romero
36 Darmian
12 Smalling
17 Blind
05 Rojo (Young - 61' )
16 Carrick
27 Fellaini
35 Lingard
44 Pereira
07 Depay (Martial - 71' )
19 Wilson (Rooney - 45' )

Sure doesn't look like a team that should fail to score against Boro at Old Trafford to me.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I find it incredible that two teams like United and Chelsea who are top 10 in money spent, can crash this early out of the CL, play crappy football week in and week out and NOT fire their manager. Seems impossible among the other top 10 spending teams.
You may add a 3rd team with Arsenal.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
20 Romero
36 Darmian
12 Smalling
17 Blind
05 Rojo (Young - 61' )
16 Carrick
27 Fellaini
35 Lingard
44 Pereira

Sure doesn't look like a team that should fail to score against Boro at Old Trafford to me.

that lineup looks pretty bad. League cup is worthless anyways. Id be concerned with how utd is playing in the league though.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
20 Romero
36 Darmian
12 Smalling
17 Blind
05 Rojo (Young - 61' )
16 Carrick
27 Fellaini
35 Lingard
44 Pereira

You conveniently ignored the lack of effort I mentioned.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Awful set piece defending is what cost them tonight. Pretty much every free kick/corner led to a good chance for Wolfsburg.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And more than anything, I repeat : United chose NOT to spend money on defensemen even though they were incredible weak and lacking depth. It bites them in the ass, everyone could see it happen months ago.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
that lineup looks pretty bad. League cup is worthless anyways. Id be concerned with how utd is playing in the league though.

Of course. There have been a lot of games this season where they haven't scored, or only scored one goal. With players like the ones they have, which are very good players, that seems very alarming to me.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
And more than anything, I repeat : United chose NOT to spend money on defensemen even though they were incredible weak and lacking depth. It bites them in the ass, everyone could see it happen months ago.

You do know how long United's injurylist for defensemen is?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Awful set piece defending is what cost them tonight. Pretty much every free kick/corner led to a good chance for Wolfsburg.

This. It has been a problem for years, even with a healthier defense. Only time it's looked decent this season was with Jones and Smalling playing as CBs.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia

Show me one team in the world that would cope better with the number of injuries United have in defense.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yet you somehow showed up in the thread when United was losing. With a pop corn gif. You're not fooling anyone.

I came back from the grocery and watched the second half, didn't realize that was a problem.

I'm very interested in van Gaal's reaction. Definitely popcorn worthy. If you don't like it, there are boards out there where people only discuss Manchester United, so it may be better suited for you. There's nothing else in my posts that could remotely be considered gloating.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I find it incredible that two teams like United and Chelsea who are top 10 in money spent, can crash this early out of the CL, play crappy football week in and week out and NOT fire their manager. Seems impossible among the other top 10 spending teams.

Hey now, Chelsea aren't out yet

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

It makes more sense for Chelsea not to as it's pretty unlikely they'd get a better one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad