GWT: Champions League Matchday 5

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The silver lining is, we've strung together 2 good performances and look way more dangerous with Rashford on the right. This season will be a success.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Good win to win the group. Should definitely play a bunch of youth in the last game.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Lol Giroud has 4 goals today and Laca has 3 all season :(. You cannot make this stuff up.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
And because he was kept on they had no like him on the pitch.

That's more on the ref though, who had a terrible night. Not saying I wouldn't have subbed him off but options are limited and would have probably required formation changes that otherwise wouldn't have been needed.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Favre has the touch of an elephant. Takes off his goalscorer and arguably the best player he has available right now. Replaces him with arguably the worst player he has available right now. That player proceeds to give away a penalty, and misses a great chance two minutes after giving away a goal.

I want this guy gone. He's wrecked this team for years now.

Reactions: Lambo

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So I think that United now need a draw in MD6 to advance. I believe they'd lose a head to head tiebreaker with PSG so a PSG loss doesn't help them.
Man Utd advance with Win or Draw. Leipzig advance with a Win OR a Draw and PSG loss. I think.

I think United are in Europa if they lose, no matter what.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Group H is crazy, all comes down to the final matchweek. Hopefully Leipzig beats Manchester United.

tenor.gif

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
@Duchene2MacKinnon @Vasilevskiy @les Habs, who is this VAR clown Hernandez-Hernandez? I hear Barca fans despise him.

He gave Lazio a free goal. Brutal call. Not even Lahoz thought it was a penalty, and this guy with a double name commands him to call a penalty on one of the worst dives you'll see all season.
Some blind ref not surprised he's doing this. Lahoz still worse though.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Frustrating result given the good performance after the first 15 minutes. Stupid by Fred, and Ole for not taking him off. Martial is f***ing annoying, needs to be benched. Fernandes wasn't great either.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Me to people badmouthing football: "Well, I get your point, but it's not THAT bad."

Football: "Haha, here's Jack Graelish pretending to take a bullet to the ankle after slight contact to get his opponent sent off for nothing. Everyone sees it on TV, but it doesn't have any consequences whatsoever!"

Me: "Okay, that's bad. Fortunately we don't get that all the ..."

Football: "Wow, here's Paredes acting as if he got kicked-boxed in the face after a light jostle by Fred. Smart move. This is totally not hurting the integrity of the game, in fact it's part of the game. The beautiful game!"

Reactions: Jussi

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Me to people badmouthing football: "Well, I get your point, but it's not THAT bad."

Football: "Haha, here's Jack Graelish pretending to take a bullet to the ankle after slight contact to get his opponent sent off for nothing. Everyone sees it on TV, but it doesn't have any consequences whatsoever!"

Me: "Okay, that's bad. Fortunately we don't get that all the ..."

Football: "Wow, here's Paredes acting as if he got kicked-boxed in the face after a light jostle by Fred. Smart move. This is totally not hurting the integrity of the game, in fact it's part of the game. The beautiful game!"
They really need to crack down hard on blatant diving.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Matchday six is going to be insane

So many of the matches are direct competition for one spot.

Atletico - Salzberg
Atalanta - Ajax
Lazio - Brugge
United - Leipzig

All of group B lol

PSG is the only team playing a team that is completely out of it.

Reactions: Blender

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
That's more on the ref though, who had a terrible night. Not saying I wouldn't have subbed him off but options are limited and would have probably required formation changes that otherwise wouldn't have been needed.
Yeah the ref had a bad night and was inconsistent. One of those incidents to me was not taking Fred off with the early headbutting offense, that was a straight red for me.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Matchday six is going to be insane

So many of the matches are direct competition for one spot.

Atletico - Salzberg
Atalanta - Ajax
Lazio - Brugge
United - Leipzig

All of group B lol

PSG is the only team playing a team that is completely out of it.

I normally make a point of watching every Chelsea match, regardless of stakes, but it's gonna be hard for me to pick it over some of these other matches

Reactions: Peen

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Big result for Brugge. Noa Lang scored again and continues to impress, as did young Charles de Ketelaere who jeeps showing his versatility. Played LW two weeks ago, LB last week, and false 9 tonight :D

Everything to play for in Rome next week, and nothing to lose. We've already secured a Europa spot, finishing 2nd would be fantastic.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
At this point it's not even if you'll get a bad VAR call in any given match day, it's how many bad VAR calls you'll get in any given match day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad