Champions League Game Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Spurs have also missed 2-3 A+ chances as well.

Dortmund has been atrocious defending, especially on the counter.

Spurs have had some nice opportunities, but they haven't been the same caliber of chances as what Dortmund have squandered. Dortmund has screwed up what should've been tap ins, spurs just didn't hit the net with chances that would've required a very good finish. Dortmund have had a handful of those type of chances that I'm not even counting.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Spurs have had some nice opportunities, but they haven't been the same caliber of chances as what Dortmund have squandered. Dortmund has screwed up what should've been tap ins, spurs just didn't hit the net with chances that would've required a very good finish. Dortmund have had a handful of those type of chances that I'm not even counting.

Plus Dortmund has had two goals called off.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Many did.

I mean BVB are missing their best CB, their best midfielder, their two best LBs, their best attacker, they are just starting to integrate their second best midfielder; and they still should be winning this match where tottenham is just missing their second(?) best attacker :dunno:

After this one it's tough to really criticize anyone who said BVB was on a higher level than Tottenham when the draw was made...even if Spurs are able to hold on

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I mean BVB are missing their best CB, their best midfielder, their two best LBs, their best attacker, they are just starting to integrate their second best midfielder; and they still should be winning this match :dunno:

After this one it's tough to really criticize anyone who said BVB was on a higher level than Tottenham when the draw was made...even if Spurs are able to hold on

I believe they have the better healthy team on paper too. But I still disagree that Dortmund has been clearly better today.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Augustin one meter offside, but ref doesn't see it. Benaglio saves it, which is a good thing for football honesty.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I mean BVB are missing their best CB, their best midfielder, their two best LBs, their best attacker, they are just starting to integrate their second best midfielder; and they still should be winning this match where tottenham is just missing their second(?) best attacker :dunno:

I am not a Dortmund expert but they have a better attacker than Aubameyong?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I believe they have the better healthy team on paper too. But I still disagree that Dortmund has been clearly better today.

:dunno: Their counter defending has been terrible & Burki is having a horrific outing, but they should be winning this game regardless.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004

I don't care who has the better team on paper. Fact is Dortmund are losing by 2. Could have been a 2:2. Spurs today were slightly better because of Kane and Dortmund's bad defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad