GWT: Champions League Final: Real Madrid/Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Nah not really. That's a hard shot to save. You aren't expecting a shot, don't see it immediately cause of the body, it's harder to go back than forward, and it's at a weird angle.
Yeah, you can save that if you're 6'4 or 6'5. Otherwise no.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
This part made it more difficult. If it was a more powerful shot it flies over the bar. Instead it loops pretty high and comes back down.

Yeah, I'd have to see it again with regards to positioning (and I wanna see the spin on the ball) but it looped in back post which is basically the hardest shot in this situation to save.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Better team here is clearly Juventus, and RM has no idea how to defend Alex Sandro or Mandzukic at all.

Also funny to see Toni Kroos just standing around while Pjanic tries to shoot from the top of the box all game.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Making saveable for the keeper. If he was position properly.

Actually no. He was positioned well, having watched it again. He's square to the ball, in line with the center of the goal and off his line slightly. It was just a remarkably well placed shot hit in the manner most difficult to save.

Maybe, just maybe, he could have been a half step to his left but I think that would have left the near post open to a well struck ball plus play was moving that direction. Basically that was the only shot that could have beat him. Sometimes that just happens. But if that's the goal you give up as a goalie, you're okay with it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Barzagli made a great recovery tackle, but I'm pretty sure I'd attack him the rest of the game based on Isco getting behind there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad