Champions League 8-Team Tournament in Lisbon :

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The delusion of Gomez being responsible for Liverpool being out of the CL gets more amusing the more I see it.
If PSG get past Atalanta they can make a run, but man that was one of the worse matchups for them on paper.
I don't think so. PSG has the best team left really it's just about whether they play up to their potential or not. I think the rustiness is being overstated. Atalanta play too open to beat PSG IMO especially when that leaves so much room for guys like Mbappe and Neymar. Only way Atalanta wins that game is if PSG are really off.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think some people forget how PSG has played this season. They haven’t done much wrong. Certainly in contention for the best team in the world this season. I’d probably put them after Liverpool, but I don’t think anyone other than Liverpool has been better.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
They’ll be rested, and then they’ll play 2-3 exhibition games. It’s not as if players in their first game of the season can’t match players who are in some convoluted-season mode. The players who had to stop, come back, finish out their season, and then go onto the Champions League might be fatigued and injured.
Their “exhibition” games are against shitty teams. When teams come into a new season, they’re rusty.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nothing replaces competition, so yeah PSG and Lyon will be disavantaged.
But it what it is.
Lyon might be able to snatch a draw at Juve, it's possible. Juve couldn't break them down in the first leg. And it's easier to defend at 11 than to attack when you're rusty.
PSG has a tough matchup because Atalanta is walking on water right now.
But we'll see in a month.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Their “exhibition” games are against shitty teams. When teams come into a new season, they’re rusty.

This is such a bullshit trope. Sometimes you’ll play one of your best games of the season at the beginning. It doesn’t always work that all your best form is middle/late part of the season.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yet everyone else things it’s a pretty big issue.
I mean look at how the NHL is doing playoffs. They created a seeding round for the top ranked teams so they have more than just exhibition games for them to get warmed up. Playing recently absolutely matters.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I mean I don't know if it'll sink PSG - who knows. But there's no way you can call this a choke job if they lose here after not playing competitively for 5 months. In a single tie no less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad