Champions League 8-Team Tournament in Lisbon :

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
1. Real/Man City v Lyon/Juve

2. Napoli/Barça v Chelsea/Bayern

3. Leipzig v Atletico

4. PSG v Atalanta

Semi finals will be 1v2 and 3v4 so a potential Clasico there (as if two horribly boring Clasico's this season haven't been enough) although I think Barça will get violated by Bayern way before it gets to that
PSG should be very happy with their draw and imo have a golden chance to make the final.. finally

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
1. Real/Man City v Lyon/Juve

2. Napoli/Barça v Chelsea/Bayern

3. Leipzig v Atletico

4. PSG v Atalanta

Semi finals will be 1v2 and 3v4 so a potential Clasico there (as if two horribly boring Clasico's this season haven't been enough) although I think Barça will get violated by Bayern way before it gets to that
PSG should be very happy with their draw and imo have a golden chance to make the final.. finally

Real won't beat City by two goals and likely won't score 3 on them. So, I think we can forget the Clasico. I am hoping we can do it, but I am very skeptical.

PSG basically got a free pass to the semis.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Atleti are the biggest winners. Psg definitely dont have a free pass to anything.

barca arent beating munich let alone madrid coming back vs city.

Im guessing its a Atelti/city final.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Amazing that some people say "PSG gets a free pass", etc...
Atalanta is a very dangerous team.
Obviously, FOR ONCE, they don't have Barca/Real/City or even Bayern in their side, which is a one of a lifetime thing for them.
Atalanta and then likely Atletico is no easy way to the final though.

I think Lyon has a decent chance of eliminating Juve. But either will lose to City. Barca/Bayern in the other QF should be a toss up. Bayern is in full swing right now, Barca isn't, but in a month, things can change. City will have at least a 50/50 chance against either.
PSG will have to be aware of Atalanta's fantastic form. Atletico should eliminate Leipzig though it's not easy. PSG/Atletico in the semis is 50/50.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And when you think about it, if PSG loses to Atalanta, people will say they have choked. No awareness that Atalanta is destroying everyone right now and is playing some of the best (if not the best really) football in the world right now.
And even then, losing to Atletico will also be a choke job according to some. :)
There really is no other way than win (and people will say they had an easy path !).

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Think Atleti got the kindest draw of the bunch, RB Leipzig is one of those teams who I think they can easily take advantage of and they avoided the likes of Bayern/Barca/City(etc) in the semis. PSG are faves against Atalanta but it's not a gift draw either as the Anglo-media will portray

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Think Atleti got the kindest draw of the bunch, RB Leipzig is one of those teams who I think they can easily take advantage of and they avoided the likes of Bayern/Barca/City(etc) in the semis. PSG are faves against Atalanta but it's not a gift draw either as the Anglo-media will portray
I hate the whole Anglo-media pretending to be surprised at upsets

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
City have put up questionable performances since restart. The Chelsea game in particular stood out to me on how they can be exposed vs. the top clubs.
What? Liverpool lost to Watford 3- nothing. City beat the sxxx out of Liverpool 4-nothing. Really, I have nothing to do with Manchester City, but they are a top side in Europe right now. Bayern will be better IMO.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
My immediate thoughts are that Atleti have an easy stage to the finals. Liverpool really blew it at home.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Bayern and City are 3-1 favorites right now.
PSG and Barcelona 6-1
Atletico 12-1
Juve 14-1
Atalanta 15-1
Leipzig 20-1
Real 30-1
Napoli 60-1
Lyon 80-1

Madrid worth a punt at 30-1. City is capable of blowing it.
I like Atleti at 12-1 too. Good value.
------

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
draftkings.

Atalanta is already through to the last 8.

Real still has a 2nd leg in the round of 16. They’re down a goal to city who has 2 away goals. With Ramos banned.

That’s the difference.

That makes sense then. With such a long break I don't remember who is already through, who is left to play and what the scorelines were from the first leg, etc. The French and German teams with the long layoff disadvantage but at least the German teams had some matches left to pay after the restart.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
What? Liverpool lost to Watford 3- nothing. City beat the sxxx out of Liverpool 4-nothing. Really, I have nothing to do with Manchester City, but they are a top side in Europe right now. Bayern will be better IMO.
City also lost to Chelsea and Southampton.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If PSG get past Atalanta they can make a run, but man that was one of the worse matchups for them on paper.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Indeed silly to post the same thing about Adrian when Gómez is just as responsible.
But scapegoat he will be. Regardless of the reality of the 3 goals.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
you think a team playing their first competitive game in 5 months would be choking if they don’t win the whole tourney?

PSG has had some spectacular crashes past few years. But they’re at a big disadvantage here.

They’ll be rested, and then they’ll play 2-3 exhibition games. It’s not as if players in their first game of the season can’t match players who are in some convoluted-season mode. The players who had to stop, come back, finish out their season, and then go onto the Champions League might be fatigued and injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->