Chabot vs Werenski

Disregarding their cap hits... which 24 year old LD do you want for the next 7 seasons?

• Chabot

• Werenski

Results are only viewable after voting.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Chabot can take games over and be the best player on the ice at his best.

I dont see that same level of player in Zack, and never have tbh... With all due respect. Still a #1D fwiw.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
This is close... Werenski has slight edge on all star and norris votes in recent years though, so assuming the voters know their stuff I choose him for this poll.

Reactions: banks

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
My two favorite teams. I watch almost every game for both.

Based on last year's play it is clearly Werenski. Chabot can make magic happen but he also was making mistakes left and right last year (giveaways, blown coverage, etc...) and had some ugly defensive results. My only hope was that he was just mentally exhausted from playing big minutes, and that he'll improve as Zub and Sanderson get prominent roles to help him out.

Werenski isn't mistake prone. He can also break a defense with his deception on the attack. And when he's defending he's just technically better at it. He's a lot stronger than Chabot (and most D) and controls a big chunk of ice.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Chabot has that it factor where he can take over a game in all 3 zones as a number 1 defender irregardless of the opponent. I've seen Werenski do it in 2 zones, not 3.

Chabot is a notch above, imo. Past couple years it's been close though. Both number 1 D's.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Right now based on their bodies of work, I would have to say Chabot.

That said, Werenski really seems to have stepped up this preseason with the departure of Jones. He has played an excellent 200 foot game being a leader both in the defensive zone and on offense. He drives transition much of the time. If Werenski can keep that up through the regular season, I think he has a case to be in the top-5 of Norris votes.

But as we know there is a big difference between preseason and the actual season, so that's a pretty big "if."

Tl;dr - Chabot right now but since Jones has left Werenski seems to have put on his big boy pants and stepped up.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Like both but Chabot really hasnt had the support ,think its pretty close regardless

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Super close for me. I think Chabot has a bit more boom/bust in his game whereas Werenski is a bit more consistent. I think I’d take Werenski but you can’t go wrong with either imo.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
It’s close. Werenski for me, he doesn’t have the ability overtake the control of the game In the o-zone like Chabot, but he also is a lot less likely to make a error leading to a goal in his own end.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
What a showing by Chabot last night.

Now that Ottawa is trending up, people will see what he is truly capable up. This is a guy who won CHL defender of the year playing only 35 games and is the only ever defenseman to win MVP at world juniors. His skills and talents are through the roof, as good as any in the league.

Reactions: Dutronc

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
I actually think hes overrated; I think its the “hes an above average player on a mediocre/ bad team” syndrome.
Same thing happened with Oliver-Ekman Larsson when he was in Arizona.

And before any fellow Sens fans hate on me, you remember how bad he played last year don’t you?
He was given too many minutes. By the end of the year his minutes went down and he looked much better. This year the d core is better with Holden and Zub is a great partner for Chabot.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad