• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
As if Canucks’ fans weren’t running a victory lap based on Chabot having a few bad games on what looks to be a historically bad Sens roster for the last few pages? Give me a break.

The biggest problem is not even the roster, the defensive structure/coverage is not NHL level. I had my doubts about DJ Smith, and it's worse than I thought

Chabot would be dominant on a good NHL team with NHL coaching.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bileur

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hughes might put up more points, but Chabot is better defensively right now and has a higher defensive ceiling.

There is obviously a place for players with Hughes style of play in the league, but he plays one way. I just don't buy into someone like him being a 1D. I think when you're a defenseman that you cannot be a 1D without being at least average defensively.

Whether he can improve defensively is the question. Karlsson is an example of a player who did, and at his best he won Norris' and was arguably the best player in the league because of it. His offensive and transition impact was elite, and he wasn't a net-negative defensively. Hughes has the offensive component down, but needs to learn to play defense. Naturally even against lower levels of competition he was a very weak defensive player. It's now harder against bigger, stronger, faster players for him to have defensive success. Let's see if he can improve his defense over the years. Right now, he's a very weak defensive player. Chabot might be a little inconsistent, but I'd say he's no worse than average defensively right now, and he has potential to be above-average or better defensively.

hockeydog23

Aug 21, 2020
I said Quinn Hughes is a 20 goal, 60 point defenseman and Vancouver fans are up in arms. I don’t think I have an axe to grind with the player. He’s above average. I think I have an issue with Canuck fans who want to compare him to generational players.
So true. There's a lot of HFboards hate for Hughes, but its not towards the player, its pushback against the Vancouver fanbase loudly treating him like the second coming of Bobby Orr.

hockeydog23

Aug 21, 2020
Actually you said “Chabot is better” while posting one bad play from Hughes, which is fine, you’re entitled to your opinion. Then after other posters said they would pick Hughes you replied to them with the same video clip you already posted with a snarky ass remark, and even went as far as to say “it really isn’t but okay” when another poster said “Hughes but it’s close.” At the end of it all you say “agree to disagree” after telling everyone else they were wrong. Holy shit :laugh:
Quinn Hughes probably needs to be sent to the minors to hone his defensive play. Too bad Vancouver let Tanev go. He was a good babysitter.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
As if Canucks’ fans weren’t running a victory lap based on Chabot having a few bad games on what looks to be a historically bad Sens roster for the last few pages? Give me a break.
I was actually surprised to see hughes defensive metrics werent bad last year, butbseeing these guys so often now, i think youre right. Theyre both pretty bad.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Quinn Hughes probably needs to be sent to the minors to hone his defensive play. Too bad Vancouver let Tanev go. He was a good babysitter.
Honestly, they should invent time travel, go back in time and find a way to ensure Quinn Hughes never plays a single game in the NHL. He's that bad.

Totally unrelated but paint chips sure must be getting stronger these days...

Reactions: hockeydog23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad