CGY's 4 vs WPG's 4

Better core?

• Total voters

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I was thinking the same

Scheifele has been playing good for the past 3 and half seasons (4.5 by the end of the season)
That isn't just right now
Wheeler has been a top winger for a long time now. It's not just all of a sudden

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
out of the 2 teams Johnny g is the best player and Scheif/Wheeler are 2 and 3 in my opinion. Btw good poll op very close. I think Tkachuk tips it in the Flames favor.

Of course it is. Your a flames fan
Scheifele is the center and if you've learned anything from the hf board a centre holds more value

Like I said Johnny g is arugavle up their with them. But wheeler has 91 points(while playing centre for 2 months) last year and scheifele's playoff performance makes up for his short season last year

I give the edge to the scheifele and wheeler because of their past success and size.

Plus johnny g is a little diver
And we dont condone that in Winnipeg

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Scheifele is the best player here, tilts the scales to the Jets for me

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Scheifele is the best player here, tilts the scales to the Jets for me

I do believe he is the best overall player. That being said, if someone said Johnny was the best of the bunch I wouldn’t bat an eye either. Cases can be made. One is an elite 1C, the other might be the best LW in the league this year.

I could go either way.

I think the big difference is when you start looking at Ehlers and Connor versus Monahan and Lindholm. Monahan is the best of the bunch and the centre. Lindholm with an actual team around him is rounding out to being an absolutely dynamic player in his own right.

To me Scheifele and Gaudreau and Laine and Tkachuk are washes. You can make a case as to who the better between the two is. The bottom two, though, to me isn’t much of a debate.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
I'd say Gaudreau+Tkachuk=Scheifele+Laine
But Monahan+Lindholm>Ehlers+Connor

Recency bias, but all four of the Flames players are on pace for over 90 points. Ehlers and Connor, while younger, would be absolutely meeting all expectations of them if they have career years similar to the ones Monahan and Lindholm are having right now.

Reactions: Peggy

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Give ehlers and connor another year or 2 and then make this poll

Jets has the younger core in this debate

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Disagree. Gaudreau is more game breaking then him. Both are amazing though.

Scheifele was the jets' best player in the playoffs last year while wheeler was contending for a hart during the regular season

Dont know what game breaking means to you, but the player that was leading their team to the wfc is pretty significant

Ducksauce

Oct 30, 2010
Great poll

Schiefele > Monahan (gap has closed this year, but still Mark)
Laine = Gaudreau (this is a wild card, Gaudreau is much more valuable now, but Laine has room to grow- tough call)
Ehlers < Lindholm (Lindholm is such a good two way player, I've been so surprised by him this year)
Connor < Tkachuk (I think Tkachuk is the second most valuable forward on the Flames)

Edge to Calgary, but it's tight and could flip flop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad