88/100 - Lindholm

91/100 - Scheifele
91/100 - Wheeler
88/100 - Laine
86/100 - Connor

Calgary slightly.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Flames for me but it's actually pretty close.

Scheifele >/= Johnny
Wheeler = Tkachuk (at this point in their careers, you could actually make the argument that Matt is better but I'll give Wheeler the benefit of the doubt)
Laine > Lindholm (even though Lindholm is a much more well rounded player who can help your team win in more ways than just scoring, Laine is one of the most elite scorers in the game and that is simply invaluable)
Monahan =/> Connor (im projecting Connor a bit here)

This would mean Jets by a hair if I was ONLY using a head to head basis. On a collective basis I think Calgary is ahead so I voted them as they form a more well rounded team.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Good poll OP.

The Jets have the best player out of 8, but I think the Flames take this one if you include all of them.

Scheifele
Gaudreau
Monahan
Tkachuk
Laine
Lindholm
Connor
Ehlers

Confused as to why Wheeler didn’t get added, perhaps old already? Jets win it if you replace one of the bottom two with Wheeler.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Flames for me but it's actually pretty close.

Scheifele >/= Johnny
Wheeler = Tkachuk (at this point in their careers, you could actually make the argument that Matt is better but I'll give Wheeler the benefit of the doubt)
Laine > Lindholm (even though Lindholm is a much more well rounded player who can help your team win in more ways than just scoring, Laine is one of the most elite scorers in the game and that is simply invaluable)
Monahan =/> Connor (im projecting Connor a bit here)

This would mean Jets by a hair if I was ONLY using a head to head basis. On a collective basis I think Calgary is ahead so I voted them as they form a more well rounded team.

"I'll give wheeler the benefit of the doubt"still puts them as equal

Scheielfele and wheeler are the 2 best players in the poll with Jonny g arguably being equal level

Everyone else is below them

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Laine is the wild card here. If he reaches his potential, then he could be as valuable as any of them, which would put it squarely in the Jets favour. Currently though, I would rank Gaudreau over Scheifele, Tkachuk over Laine, Monahan over Connor and Lindholm and Ehlers roughly a wash, though I like Lindholm more. I'm not sure if hoping Laine hits his ceiling is worth it.

Of course, adding Wheeler changes things, but he's older obviously

Reactions: Legend123

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Its moving forward, so Wheeler is too old to be part of the Jets core moving forward.
The way I see it, (from best to worst), again based on their total careers:

Gaudreau
Scheifele
Laine
Tkatchuk
Monahan
Ehlers
Connor
Lindholm

Overall, its extremely tight but I would give the slight edge to WPG, though that seems to obviously be changing based on this season. However, for now, I have never seen such an elite goal scorer like Laine other than Ovy. I have him over Tkachuk for now. If MK continues to dazzle and Laine to slump, for at least one more season, there's no way Laine remains above.

Same for Lindholm vs Connor and Ehlers. The Jets duo have proven more offensively before this season. Ehlers has 2 60+ points seasons, and Connor one 55+ point season (on pace for 61 points) and another on pace for 63, whereas Linholm has never scored more than 50 points in his career before this season. As a result, I dont want to base my vote on potential outliers.

So, for now, moving forward, slightly favoring the Jets. Their 4 players are also younger as a whole on average.
But, if the Flames quartet can prove they can continue performing at this level, then it quickly changes to them.

Reactions: The Big M

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Flames 4 over those Jets 4 though Wheeler over Ehlers/Conner would give the Jets have a slight edge (assuming we're picking for this year/next year).

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007
Imagine if this poll was done three weeks ago when Laine had like 18 goals in december alone. Now people are saying he’s the second worst player in this poll lol.

I mean, when the only thing you're good at is scoring goals and you stop doing that...?

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
faked news

Scheifele and wheeler arguably the 2 best players in the poll
You shouldn't have an issue with accepting that just because the flames are hot right now

Last year's results should still be a reference

Scheifele
Wheeler
Johnny g

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad