Confirmed Trade: [CGY/SEA] Calle Jarnkrok (50%) for 2022 2nd round pick, 2023 3rd round pick and 2024 7th round pick

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
How are faceoffs irrelevant, the game is about puck possession. Monahan is still going to be playing center when Jarnkrok joins the team, jarnkrok might replace Ruzicka but Monahan isn't going to be moved from the center position regardless of how much you complain about him

It’s crazy how the game is about puck possession, yet Monahan is one if not, the, worst possession player on our team. So he wins a faceoff, promptly turns the puck over leading to his team worst 5v5 on ice goals against.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
They want Lindholm to be happy, they main reason for this trade I guess.
They are cousins and call themselves "brothers"

I'm pretty sure the main reason for this trade is to improve the team. I don't understand the reasoning that this keeps Lindholm happy, why wouldn't he be happy even without this trade.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It’s really quite a haul - Lehkonen is a better player and only an RFA so there should be no doubt at this point he would cost a 1st +.

That said, it’s definitely a worthy gamble for the Flames. Ironhook is a great fit for the team. Up and down the entire bench, I think the Flames are probably the team with the least amount of holes or issue areas in the entire Western Conference. Colorado is still the favorite IMO - Manson was a great get and they have a few days to keep addressing their bottom six. But I think the Flames are just solid up and down the roster. Maybe could use a capable depth defender still….their six main blueliners have been remarkably healthy, I do worry if one of them goes down. Stone as next man up in a playoff battle seems a little iffy.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
One is a UFA at the end of the year, the other is a RFA with team control. This trades means nothing for Lekhonen's value.
Hey thats a valid point, but isn't it technically in agreement with mine?

You start with the Jarnkrok trade (2,3 and 7 round picks) and add value to that control, which turns Lek's value to what.. 2 2nds-ish? A first? Is that enough to pull the trigger on the deal?

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure the main reason for this trade is to improve the team. I don't understand the reasoning that this keeps Lindholm happy, why wouldn't he be happy even without this trade.
Its called (team)- chemistry.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Its called (team)- chemistry.

I meant that why it was necessary to keep Lindholm happy? would he be unhappy without this trade? why not make trades to keep someone else happy? Of course is important that the added players fit well with the team, but that was not the main reason.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Sutter will like him. I see him using him a bit like how he used Trevor Lewis during LA's Cup years.

At least Treliving has stopped making trades for LA Kings Dmen and focused on improving the team. Harsh price

He had to. All of LA's d-men are injured.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Holy massive overpay batman. Whats Nick Paul getting then? Sanford might get the sens a second.

If things were holding pattern this trade into next year (Calgary being a top 5 team) is the equivalent of:

Pick #62 (2022)
Pick #92 (2023)
Pick #220 (2024)

Cost is just worth it from the Flames perspective that needed to improve their top 9 depth badly.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
2nd AND a 3rd is quite the price.

Mattias Janmark went for a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th last deadline.
Nick Foligno went for a 1st+ last deadline
Ben Chiarot went for a 1st+ yesterday
Andreas Athanasiou went for multiple 2nd's

People underestimate just how easy it is to recoup these picks and what the market demands this time of year.

Ledge And Dairy

It’s crazy how the game is about puck possession, yet Monahan is one if not, the, worst possession player on our team. So he wins a faceoff, promptly turns the puck over leading to his team worst 5v5 on ice goals against.
Generally when you win a faceoff the puck goes to your teammate so what you said makes no sense. Also Brett Ritchie leads the team in GA/60. Jarnkrok is obviously replacing him from last nights lineup

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Overpay in a vacuum, but very cheap in comparison to Chiarot. Better player for his position, cheaper price.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Generally when you win a faceoff the puck goes to your teammate so what you said makes no sense. Also Brett Ritchie leads the team in GA/60. Jarnkrok is obviously replacing him from last nights lineup

Lol.
Not worth debating it.

Bottom 3 possession players in Calgary:
Lewis, Lucic, Monahan.

But yeah, Faceoffs important and all.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad