Proposal: Cgy/ Ott

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I was thinking that maybe you could add in James Neal to the deal and we can throw in Brady so you got a pair of brothers and cap space to sign Mark
Took me a minute to get the tone of this post. :laugh:

Pageau would be sweet in Calgary but there's no way Ottawa accepts throwaways for him. Gonna have to pony up more.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Took me a minute to get the tone of this post. :laugh:

Pageau would be sweet in Calgary but there's no way Ottawa accepts throwaways for him. Gonna have to pony up more.

Realistically, I would have no problem trading him, he’s a great bottom 6 player and an excellent add to your 3rd or 4th line. The sens are in no shape to compete anytime soon, even if Duchene and Stone were to resign, as unlikely as that is, so I would not mind trading him for something that can help the team down the line. Rental Boyle got a 2nd, so I think Pageau’s value should be somewhere around a late 1st or a 2nd+good prospect (not bonafide top 6, but someone in the range of a Formenton). If that’s too much, then I don’t see the point in trading him for other teams spare parts as he’s still young enough, a great character and local guy and has come up clutch in many key moments.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
And I’d like to add, Michael Stone does nothing for the sens, we have a better player in Demelo for 1/3 of the cost. What we need is young player with high potentials, be it promising prospects or future picks, because the treading water by acquiring 3rd line/3rd pairing players and expecting everyone on the current roster to move up spots in the line up has not worked out (see this year, although Chabot has definitely made leaps and bounds and has established himself as a legit top pairing defence man).

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Sens aren't trading Pageau if they are actually spending to the cap ceiling. Way too important of a player. He's the kind of 3C championship teams need. A huge difference maker who can shutdown top competition, kill penalties, produce points, set the tempo. He's amazing.

Only way the Sens trade Pageau is if he won't sign an extension next season, or if they are lying about spending money and thus cannot afford to give him 4.5M on an extension, which is likely what he commands. Someone will probably cough up a 2nd++ or a 1st for Pageau at the next trade deadline because he can be such a difference maker in the playoffs. He's a warrior and other GMs know that.

I could see a Pageau for Bennett swap if the Senators were looking to make a financially motivated move. Bennett has three more years of RFA status and could probably be signed to a 3x3.XX type deal that buys up his remaining RFA years this off season where as Pageau has one more year left at 3.4M in real salary and probably costs between 4M-5M as a UFA to extend.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Counter
(This is depending on if Mark Stone stays in Ottawa)

Micheal Stone
Glenn Gawdin
3rd (becomes a first if you make the SCF)

for

Dzingel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad