CGY or NYI: Who is winning the Hamonic trade?

Who is ahead in the Hamonic trade?

• Total voters

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hamonic helps the flames more than the picks now so the flames win

The picks may turn out better for the ilses so they win also but that is still yet to be determined

Reactions: DirtDiver

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Clueless post. Let me know if you need some info as to what contributed to the Flames collapse.

More like you misinterpreted my post. I never said they were the reason that you guys missed the playoffs. I just said its a shame that you guys missed the playoffs with that as your top 4. They could have all been injured for the entire year and it would still be a shame because you missed out on that potential.

Reactions: ESH

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
As others have said, I think both teams are happy with what they got. Hamonic has been excellent this season for the Flames and I doubt the Isles mind what they got from the pick.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Short term, Calgary
Long term, Islanders

Calgary bought the nice car that is going to benefit us now, but it’ll depreciate in value.

Islanders bought a house that is only going to increase in value.

The answer is Flames right now, but the Isles are going to look back at this trade in a few years and say, “thanks Calgary”.

It’ll all be worth it in the end if the Flames can get to the Conference finals or a chance at Lord Stanley.

Think it was a good trade for both parties. We really should have made the playoffs last year but our coaching staff was inept to accomplish that.

Reactions: bert

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary can not lose this deal cause hamonic is a valuable member of the team....that's all I know

Nyi may lose cause those picks are no sure thing....check back in 5 years to see if the ilse got a good deal

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Hamonic has looked pretty good this year.. Dobson is obviously an amazing piece, but Calgary has lots of young D right now, so having someone like Hamonic now has been key to the success so far. Isles are trending up and Dobson should be primed for there ascent to the top.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
In the literal sense, Calgary is "winning the trade" because Hamonic is an NHLer, but the trade could swing in NYI's favor (value in a vaccuum-wise) depending on how Dobson and Ishkakov pan out.

With that said, getting an NHL player now was what Calgary was seeking in the trade, so even if Dobson/Iskhakov turn out to have more value than Hamonic, Calgary still won in their eyes.

As others have said, win/win.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Just happy Travis was able to get near his home as he wanted. One of the best character guys in the league.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Win win for sure. In a vacuum Calgary, but the fact that the Isles hands were tied, they got a good return. Win for everyone IMO.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Huge fan of Hammers ... glad to see him succeeding. Islander fans still love the guy because he handled his situation like a man.

What if I told you there were Hammer pictures in Flames PJ's?

Noisia

Oct 30, 2018
Hamonic has been great this year. He's being properly and looks much more comfortable.
Looks like a win/win to me as the Islanders got a good return for him.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Hamonic has been great this year. He's being properly and looks much more comfortable.
Looks like a win/win to me as the Islanders got a good return for him.

Sometimes it takes a full season + offseason for new players to adjust to their new teams, especially when they've spent their entire career in one place for a while.

Glad to see Hamonic having success, he's a great guy.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Hammers problem last year was mostly due to a coach forcing Brodie to play the left side with him where he just wasn't comfortable, Gulutzan just couldn't figure out that a left shot can play the right side, the year before he did Brodie/Wideman with disastrous results and still didn't learn. Peters in an interview 2 weeks after he was hired said "I think Brodie needs to play the right side" Hmmm, I wonder how he came up with that?

Bye Gulutzan, you're not missed.

As for the topic, hammers awesome for the flames and I hope NY gets a couple of gems with the picks

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Flames traded for an already developed defensive dman in his prime on a good contract for their Cup window. It was worth every draft pick, by the time Dobson (if the flames did pick him) comes into the league and has developed, Gio could and will pribably be retired.

Isles got good value draft picks out of him and look to have drafted good players.

Win-win in my books.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2