CGY or NYI: Who is winning the Hamonic trade?

Who is ahead in the Hamonic trade?

• Total voters

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
A reminder -- in the summer of 2017, the Flames traded a 2019 1st (Noah Dobson), a 2018 2nd (Ruslan Ishakov), and a 2019 2nd for defenseman Travis Hamonic.

Eighteen months later, who is ahead in this trade?

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
I'm not a huge fan of looking at trades based on the players that the future draft picks acquired. If Kucherov was traded for a 5th round pick today, and that 5th round pick ended up as the next Bobby Orr, it doesn't mean it was a good trade....

But a 1st and two 2nds was good value for the Islanders, so I voted for them.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Flames missing the playoffs with Gio Brodie Hamilton hamonic is the biggest shame lol.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I'm not a huge fan of looking at trades based on the players that the future draft picks acquired. If Kucherov was traded for a 5th round pick today, and that 5th round pick ended up as the next Bobby Orr, it doesn't mean it was a good trade....

But a 1st and two 2nds was good value for the Islanders, so I voted for them.

I agree with this. I think it was a little much for a player like Hamonic, but he's played well with Hanifin this year, and I think the Flames ggot what they wanted.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Kinda hard to say. Last year Hamonic had one of the worst seasons he's ever had, this year he's having one of the best

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I can see why we payed a premium to get Hamonic now, he’s a monster defensively.

I really like Dobson as a prospect though

Reactions: Migos

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Mep I still wished the Flames at least protected the 2018 1st round pick. If we got one of Wahlstrom or Dobson and the way things are looking now, that Hamonic trade would have been an AINEC in our favour.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Pretty close, Harmonic is coming into his own i suppose. But Calgary paid a steep price, I voted Islanders but this could be a case of win win trade IMO

Reactions: MattMartin

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hamonic is having the best season of his career.

He's been an absolute beast this season.

Last year, the answer would be the Isles won but Hamonic's play this year has been well worth the price

The trade had the potential to create some animosity between Calgary and Isles fans, thankfully there has been none.

Isles fans still love Hamonic, we only wish the best for him thus wishing the best for you guys as well. I hope he continues to beast, he is an exceptional human being.

I think it's a win-win for both teams. I personally don't care about declaring a winner in the deal, especially so quickly after the deal. We can revisit this in 5 years or so.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Glad to hear hammer is doing well. Both teams got what they wanted.

Homer voted but really too soon to tell

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Hamonic has really been the glue on Calgary's blueline and been amazingly good, right now the price looks about right for him.

Reactions: Mitts

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Hamonic has really been the glue on Calgary's blueline and been amazingly good, right now the price looks about right for him.

As an Islanders fan it's good to see Hamonic find his game again, unlike other former islander(who shall not be named), I only hope the best for his career. Hopefully this can be a trade both sides are happy with

Reactions: PWJunior

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Now Calgary fans know we weren't exaggerating when we told them he's a beauty. I don't know where he finds the time to actually play with all of his charitable endeavors.
Me either, he's an incredible human being.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Win-win trade. At this moment since we are finally contending i would not trade Hamonic back for that package. It is so hard to get Right handed dmen like him. He is exactly what cup contending teams need on their back end.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad