CGY or NYI: Who is winning the Hamonic trade?

Who is ahead in the Hamonic trade?

• Total voters

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
The guy playing big minutes on a first place team is winning the deal for them.

Noah Dobson? haha just kidding man, im glad to see Hamonic playing well and the trade working out so far for both teams. Hammer was always loved by Isles fans and im happy for him

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
People suggesting that Calgary’s recent success means they won this trade are using a similar mindset to those who were that Edmonton won the Hall/Larsson trade because of their success in 2016-2017.

In reality, both were overpayments for physical defenseman that are fairly “meh” hockey players, and neither Hamonic nor Larsson are the types of players that actually turn a team around. This one wasn’t as bad as the Hall/Larsson trade, but it was still a win for NYI.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
People suggesting that Calgary’s recent success means they won this trade are using a similar mindset to those who were that Edmonton won the Hall/Larsson trade because of their success in 2016-2017.

In reality, both were overpayments for physical defenseman that are fairly “meh” hockey players, and neither Hamonic nor Larsson are the types of players that actually turn a team around. This one wasn’t as bad as the Hall/Larsson trade, but it was still a win for NYI.

Lmao.
Yikes.
Terrible comparison. NYI might win the trade if thw prospects develop well... but neither Larsson nor Hamonic are just "physical defencemen."

Everytime you speak about the Flames you show how little you know about them. I get you dislike them, though. But who could blame you after that 8-5 game.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Lmao.
Yikes.
Terrible comparison. NYI might win the trade if thw prospects develop well... but neither Larsson nor Hamonic are just "physical defencemen."

Everytime you speak about the Flames you show how little you know about them. I get you dislike them, though. But who could blame you after that 8-5 game.

They’re both decent middle pairing defenseman who don’t bring much offense to the table and don’t do a great job of suppressing shots, chances, or goals.

The Sharks have lost 9 games this season by a differential of 3 goals or more, why would I single out the Flames who beat them by 3? The Islanders beat them by 4, and you see me in every thread talking about how great Trotz is. I’m just speaking the truth and you can’t accept that anybody else has a different opinion from you, so you chalk it up to bias.

Bezer

Aug 30, 2009
Calgary
Absolutely love Hamonic, I would trade those picks again in a heart beat. He’s our glue on the defensive.

GREAT guy off the ice, I hope he retires here. A true role model for kids. Also he wasn’t a pos when he wanted to be moved for family reasons and I hope those picks turn out great for the Isles.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
don’t do a great job of suppressing shots, chances, or goals.

Hamonic does a great job at all of those things....

He's doing so well defensively it's allowing Hanifin to skate like he can in transition and take risks and not get punished for it. Hanifin - Andersson and Hanifin - Brodie were both failures of pairings because they are too similar. I'll take Hamonic and anyone else on the team as a 2nd pairing rather than those pairings.

Consistently astounds me how highly people rate offensive defenseman. If you put two of them together without a defensive guy you are going to lose, best case it turns into a coinflip. Beside's Giordano, Hamonic is the first player like that Calgary has had since probably Regehr. Hamonic finding his game is the single biggest reason why our defense is so much better than last year and he's doing it with a lesser linemate (Hanifin from Brodie). A first round pick to get a similar prospect to Valimaki/Andersson/Kylington that might be ready in 3 years. Absolute no brainer from Calgary's perspective. We'd be in a lot of trouble this year without Hamonic. Our bottom 4 would be very suspect with our injuries.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Hanifin - Andersson and Hanifin - Brodie were both failures of pairings because they are too similar. I'll take Hamonic and anyone else on the team as a 2nd pairing rather than those pairings

You're making up facts here based on your preconception.

Hanifin-Brodie are a 62.29% xGF pairing with a +2 goal differential and a 33.33% offensive zone start rate
Hanifin-Hamonic are a 55.59% xGF pairing with a +1 goal differential and a 54.47% offensive zone start rate

You don't need to use madeup facts to say that Hanifin-Hamonic is a solid second pair.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
You're making up facts here based on your preconception.

Hanifin-Brodie are a 62.29% xGF pairing with a +2 goal differential and a 33.33% offensive zone start rate
Hanifin-Hamonic are a 55.59% xGF pairing with a +1 goal differential and a 54.47% offensive zone start rate

You don't need to use madeup facts to say that Hanifin-Hamonic is a solid second pair.

What's the TOI for them?

I remember not liking it at all.

Edit; Just looked, it's 64 minutes. For comparison Kylington/Prout at similar minutes have better advanced stats.

Keep them the hell away from eachother. It's the worst CF% on the whole chart for Calgary. A few presumably lucky bounces doesn't mean much to me.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2