Proposal: CGY-NYR

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
I see the right side being Trouba, Fox, and Lundkvist, leaving Deangelo the odd-man out. Had a great year and is very talented offensively.

Something around Deangelo + for Hanifin. I am not sure how much of an add, but taking into consideration Deangelo needs a new contract and is a bit older.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I've got real questions about Deangelo. He's got talent, but I worry about character. I'd pass.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I see the right side being Trouba, Fox, and Lundkvist, leaving Deangelo the odd-man out. Had a great year and is very talented offensively.

Something around Deangelo + for Hanifin. I am not sure how much of an add, but taking into consideration Deangelo needs a new contract and is a bit older.
No thanks. Hanifin isn't good enough.

Reactions: Barnaby

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017

Keep DeAngelo lol we don't want him, especially at the cost of our #2 leftie, without him we'd have Kylington or Forbort on the 2nd pair.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I could see ADeA as a fit, but could also see CGY going other directions.

NYR def does NOT want vets it has to protect in exp dr.
We want prospects, pref exempt ones.

Remember we also have good LD prospects on the farm, and we need to lose Staal + Smith so we can play Hajek + Rykov at minimum, possibly others as well, and see what we have in them.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Okay bud, that's just a bit far, hes not going to be a superstar and I'm a huge homer.

I disagree. His skating abilities are going to make him special. His mistakes are very much preventable, and like he’s showing now, when he’s on he controls the game with his skating.

just like Dougie he’s going to prove our fan base has no idea what they are talking about. He was offered in every trade this year like he was a ham sandwich. And he’s a 22 year old top 4 D who already had a + 30 season.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I disagree. His skating abilities are going to make him special. His mistakes are very much preventable, and like he’s showing now, when he’s on he controls the game with his skating.

just like Dougie he’s going to prove our fan base has no idea what they are talking about. He was offered in every trade this year like he was a ham sandwich. And he’s a 22 year old top 4 D who already had a + 30 season.

Im going with he'll be a solid 2nd pair dman, but 30 points isn't much, plus he's not defensively sound, who put Dougie down? I thought a lot of our fans were irate with the trade?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Im going with he'll be a solid 2nd pair dman, but 30 points isn't much, plus he's not defensively sound, who put Dougie down? I thought a lot of our fans were irate with the trade?

Dougie was the whipping boy. Just like Brodie was last year. Hanifin this year. The Flames have a really good D core and we just need to realize guys have the occasional bad season.

Ledge And Dairy

I could see ADeA as a fit, but could also see CGY going other directions.

NYR def does NOT want vets it has to protect in exp dr.
We want prospects, pref exempt ones.

Remember we also have good LD prospects on the farm, and we need to lose Staal + Smith so we can play Hajek + Rykov at minimum, possibly others as well, and see what we have in them.
Bern are you suggesting Noah Hanifin is a vet?

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
No thanks from the Rangers...

You might not love his game, but DeAngelo doesn’t have character issues. He’s one of the most popular players on the team and will drop the gloves for a teammate.

Reactions: pld459666

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
This is not a bad offer as far as 2 change of scenery players close to value. I trust Hanifin more but Rangers traded D do seem to play better out of Rangers system.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern are you suggesting Noah Hanifin is a vet?

I am saying in the exp drft
I wanna/have to protect Lindgren
I have no choice due to NMC, forced to protect Trouba
only one protection slot for D remains;
choices become limited.

Prefer to add draft picks for vets
and
not to add a D I have to protect.
That is regardless of how much service [yrs played] a player has.

In a vacuum something around Hanafin and Deangelo is interesting as to two emerging talents.

But atm, NYR should not be taking on a LD unless he is like Broberg, high talent that looks good AND does not have to be protected. Also elc slows team salary cap pressure.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
ADA wouldn’t do well in the Canadian market. He speaks his mind which is a character flaw apparently. He also happens to be one of the most well liked players in the room, so he should stay where he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad