Pre-Game Talk: CGY @ MTL 7 pm EST, Saturday Jan 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

From 'Around the NHL' before Thursday's game, HF Flames:

"If they're caught napping in the first Montreal's going to make them pay. They're such a working-man's team.
4 lines that come at you hard, some solid talent on the wings, Suzuki with a bit of a budding-star look to him, huge physical backend. No real star, but they make up for that with the work they put in
."

Outlook is sunny with a chance of Lucic and a high probability of Tkachuk.

Discuss. :)

I think Habs are gonna get killed. Very lucky team so far.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

We have footage from that meeting.

9q1PsZv.gif

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I think it's good for KK to have an ex star veteran on his line tbh.
People who say 'to be honest' imply that they usually are not. One of the worst expressions to use in a work or social situation. One of the first things I notice with someone I don't like in a work situation. Awful verbal tick and I advise all of you never to use it. Expunge the phrase from your language if you want to be trusted.

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
You must be fun at parties
I don't go to parties, most of them are awful and filled with people who preface their sentences with 'to be honest'. Or say things like 'You must be fun at parties.'

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Calgary had a players only meeting, so we'll see if that leads to an improved performance by them. They played better than us in 1st period, but we were coming off a long break. We were better than them in 2nd & 3rd. We gave them very few scoring chances.

Perry is still good on PP but is weak 5 on 5 due to his skating. I'd make a change to Frolik given that he was a long time Flame. Somehow doubt CJ makes that change.

I expect Saturday's game to be far more competitive.

I'd start Price again. You don't want him sitting too much.

I agree with Price Saturday, Allen Monday then Price Tuesday. He could probably go Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday next week, but I'd give Allen Saturday @ Ottawa.

Habs get a 6 day break from February 14-19. Hoping Armia can be back by Feb. 20 Toronto game. He'd be out 4 weeks by then.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
People who say 'to be honest' imply that they usually are not. One of the worst expressions to use in a work or social situation. One of the first things I notice with someone I don't like in a work situation. Awful verbal tick and I advise all of you never to use it. Expunge the phrase from your language if you want to be trusted.
Yea.... Like, to be honest, if you feel that way, props to you. But if that's all it takes you to not like someone at work, yikes.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dangerous how? It’s not like what people say in here will have any impact on the team and how they play so where’s the danger exactly?

We're just anonymous noise-makers living in a vacuum and far too often, we exaggerate the extent of our reach to make it appear that we matter.

Also known as fans.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It’s just a figure of speech, dude.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yeah Lucic is just so irrelevant at this point in his career. Im glad Andy didn't fight him at the end of the game last night, afterall what was the point? Half of the Flame players seem like theyre heads aren't working right or something. Lucic is clearly playing hockey with half a brain, and Tkachuk seems like some psycho crazy bipolar woman.

Naw, it's a normal brain with two halves. It just so happens that it's 2.6 times smaller than a human brain, which is just plain normal... for a gorilla.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

We all lie so the sentence is actually a double side of truth, admitting to our duplicitous nature, while saying, trust me, I'm truthful now!

But seriously, I'm with PhysicX on this. Yikes!

Reactions: dinodebino

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
THIS will be the test you guys were waiting for. I believe Calgary will play desperate tonight.

I sense our first regulation loss or another OT loss.

If Habs win tonight, then, frankly I don't see them lose this week.

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
Tonight will be the most difficult game of the year for our boys. I'm sure Weber and Julien will have them prepared for Calgary's effort and push tonight though.Should be a good game.

We need to keep our foot down and put more space between us and the teams below us. GHG!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Tonight will be the most difficult game of the year for our boys. I'm sure Weber and Julien will have them prepared for Calgary's effort and push tonight though.Should be a good game.

We need to keep our foot down and put more space between us and the teams below us. GHG!
If the Habs lose tonight it's not the end of the world as we all know they won't win or tie every game.

I hope they continue to stay healthy and continue to get better.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If the Habs lose tonight it's not the end of the world as we all know they won't win or tie every game.

I hope they continue to stay healthy and continue to get better.
You’re right. But I don’t want the win train to stop! Need to get a cushion on Toronto first. Than a loss is acceptable! My how our standards have skyrocketed in 7 games lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad