Pre-Game Talk: CGY @ MTL 7 pm EST, Saturday Jan 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
With Perry playing well, it will be interesting to see what they do when Armia is back. Looks like they can take their time to make sure Armia is fully recovered which is nice, but Armia is a better player than Perry although Perry is smarter and better offensively. You could waive Byron, but I think he, Lehkonen and Evans have been excellent on the 4th line and destroying their competition with their speed.

Don't think anyone will claim Perry out of respect, so I guess they will waive him again.
Perry was better offensively years ago when he could somewhat skate. Today, there's no contest. Armia is on a whole another level. First game Perry survived 5v5 and yesterday he wast just plain awful. Toffoli and Armia were murdering the opponents, now that line is mediocre at best.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Perry was better offensively years ago when he could somewhat skate. Today, there's no contest. Armia is on a whole another level. First game Perry survived 5v5 and yesterday he wast just plain awful. Toffoli and Armia were murdering the opponents, now that line is mediocre at best.
Meh , Armia had been one of our worst forwards up until the concussion. Wouldn’t really classify what he was doing as “murdering”, often times I wonder where the next gear is to Armia’s game, lacks intensity.

Reactions: Redux91

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Meh , Armia had been one of our worst forwards up until the concussion. Wouldn’t really classify what he was doing as “murdering”, often times I wonder where the next gear is to Armia’s game, lacks intensity.
I think it's good for KK to have an ex star veteran on his line tbh.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
With Perry playing well, it will be interesting to see what they do when Armia is back. Looks like they can take their time to make sure Armia is fully recovered which is nice, but Armia is a better player than Perry although Perry is smarter and better offensively. You could waive Byron, but I think he, Lehkonen and Evans have been excellent on the 4th line and destroying their competition with their speed.

Don't think anyone will claim Perry out of respect, so I guess they will waive him again.

We don't have to wave perry again until 30 days or 10 games up. He can go back without concern.

Reactions: Simarino

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

We don't have to wave perry again until 30 days or 10 games up. He can go back without concern.

Do the Habs have to send him to the taxi squad? They must be close now to being cap compliant when Armia comes back that they can just keep Perry on the roster too.

Reactions: Belial

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Do the Habs have to send him to the taxi squad? They must be close now to being cap compliant when Armia comes back that they can just keep Perry on the roster too.

If they don't need waivers sending him to the Taxi squad will allow them to save cap for a deadline acquisition though.

Reactions: CHfan1

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
If they don't need waivers sending him to the Taxi squad will allow them to save cap for a deadline acquisition though.

Agreed and good point.

But are they now cap compliant when Armia comes back that they don’t have to send him to taxi squad IF sending him there means putting him on waivers (meaning the 10 games or 30 day threshold has been met).

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
On the 'small' Flames board on HF, their prediction thread for the North Div standings had 71% of the fans going for 1st, 2nd or 3rd finish.

Lucic seemed calm at the presser today. But then again he probably also seemed calm back at the bar in Vancouver, where he ended up yelling obscenities about do you know who you're ****ing with, and I'll ****ing kill you lol....

Andy was on That's Hockey tonight.

You can tell he doesn't want to publicly say he's playing through a minor injury. He said the Hab who's impressed him the most so far is Jeff Petry.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
On the 'small' Flames board on HF, their prediction thread for the North Div standings had 71% of the fans going for 1st, 2nd or 3rd finish.

Lucic seemed calm at the presser today. But then again he probably also seemed calm back at the bar in Vancouver, where he ended up yelling obscenities about do you know who you're ****ing with, and I'll ****ing kill you lol....

Andy was on That's Hockey tonight.

You can tell he doesn't want to publicly say he's playing through a minor injury. He said the Hab who's impressed him the most so far is Jeff Petry.

Lucic is a f***ing idiot but lmao @ the guy squaring up with him :laugh:

chirp him and move on if he wants to fight just move on it's not gonna end well christ

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Price likely gets the start.

Letting in those two goals at the end of last game may have actually been a good thing. I think it pissed him off and he comes out on fire.

I just looked at the schedule and holy F! They play 5 games in 7 nights?

I’d play Price tomorrow and Monday, then give Allen the Tuesday game.

Reactions: Runner77

mols47

Mar 10, 2011
I just looked at the schedule and holy F! They play 5 games in 7 nights?

I’d play Price tomorrow and Monday, then give Allen the Tuesday game.
I like Price tomorrow and then Allen Monday. Give Price an extra day rest and will be nice to have Carey on the second half of the B2B. I also like the psychology/dynamic of playing Allen first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad