Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Josh Leivo signs with the Flames (1 year, $875K)

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
up next...Oscar Fantenberg

Would have liked Leivo back at that price, but we don't have a GM capable of making S M R T moves. Keeping all the dead weight till injuries happen during the year or their contracts run out.

Canucks got 2 years to gain more experience then I am going to have high expectations, hopefully the GM and Coach will be gone by then.

hire Gallant now as an Associate coach to help/push Green.

best of luck to Leivo

lawrence

May 19, 2012
rumors have it that Mark Donnelly and Fin might get Signed by the Flames.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Good signing Calgary, your sloppy seconds are going to pay off lol. I'm being serious, I love what you're doing. Markstrom, Tanev, Leivo, and Domingue. Some solid Canuck core there, and it's going to be hard to root against you. Add in Tkachuk and there's a lot of would of, should of, but I'm rooting for you guys. I'm rooting for any Canadian team now. It's been too long now, Canada needs to win the cup.

Reactions: CF84

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Extremely underrated guy. Don’t understand why leafs ever gave up on him. I think he can def hit 20-20 under the right team

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Josh Leivo's interesting. Sorta similarly to someone like Tyler Ennis, I've always thought he's really good value for what he brings, but no NHL GMs or coaches seem to like him a whole lot.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
upload_2020-10-24_20-14-30.gif

skuzzycuzz

Jan 7, 2012
Good signing! I wish we could have kept him! If he stays healthy he is a very useful player. Great shot and great along the boards.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
At his absolute best, I think this guy could fill in what Ferland did for us minus the physicality.

I love this signing

Reactions: TootooTrain

Khrox

May 31, 2018
I like how we basically just scout the hell out of one pro team and get a bunch of their players

18-19, it was Carolina. 19-20 it was Edmonton, 20-21 it's Vancouver. Next year lets just take all of Florida's players (Come on Barkov)

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Somebody tell Treliving he can target former players on all teams, not just Vancouver or players rumoured to Edmonton.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
man shut up. benning gets zero credit for anything good hes done. soon as some scrub slips through the cracks people like you come out the woodwork to cry. imagine caring that a gm let stetcher and leivo walk

Because the amount of bad far outweighs the good. Why would he get credit for Schmidt when it's fact Vegas called Vancouver? This isn't something fans just made up. And imagine be daft enough to assume the criticism towards Benning is due to Stetcher and Leivo walking. It can't have anything to do with our bottom six costing us 17M and comprising of nearly all fourth liners or healthy scratch candidates. Or that we have Myers at 6x6 to play on our third defense pairing.

That had absolutely nothing to do with Tanev, Markstrom and Toffoli all walking away for nothing. Speaking of Toffoli, we also can't criticism Benning for giving up our third best prospect and a second for a guy who played ten games for us and then signed a gift contract with the Habs.

Nope. It's all because Leivo and Stetcher walked.

Reactions: Mitts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad