Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Joakim Nordstrom signs with the Flames (1 year, $700K)

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
76ec2acac77ebbdbcda66cb0049b43bc.jpg

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Wanted Habs to sign him, just a hard worker with a seemingly exemplary work ethic, who skates very well.

No risk contract.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Flames fans should like this guy. Not much offensive talent, but the guy has an absolute motor. I'm a bit pissed the Bruins didn't re-sign him, especially at 700k.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
This guy may not put up the points as much as you’d like, but he is an absolute machine. Great PKer, dependable in his own end.

IMO, in both playoff runs with the Bruins, he was one of their best players. He really turned it on when it mattered. And more importantly seemed like he actually gave a ****.

At 700k this is an absolute steal for CGY. And I’m jealous. Wish the Bs kept him and moved Wagner.. another gross signing by Sweeney.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I'd let Gawdin, Phillips and Robinson duke it out in camp for that spot on the 4th line.

If its Phillips that makes it I'd rather have him on the third line and Lucic on the 4th

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Mangiapane
Dube-Bennett-Phillips
Lucic-Ryan-Nordstrom

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
He's one of the most underrated forecheckers out there. He's very aggressive (despite not being a heavy hitter) and elevates his game in the playoffs. He was one of the Bruins best forwards in the 2018-19 SC playoffs. Sadly, he wasn't quite as good this past year. If he can regain form with the Flames, $700k will be an even better value.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Sure, whoever plays best, just my first guess. Phillips might have a tough time on a 4th line, another year in the AHL is probably a good idea.
Most likely yes. He is a similar player to Mangiapane though and he started on the 4th line. But I think it's likely Gawdin or Robinson there.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Its great. Bruins couldn't afford to keep him because of the batshit insane deal to Keven Miller. Flames fans will like him.

But hey if the Flames are out of it and the Bruins are in it at the deadline I can't wait for Sweeney to trade a 2nd rounder to reacquire him

The bruins can not afford a minimum salary?

Reactions: DBL84

Ledge And Dairy

If its Phillips that makes it I'd rather have him on the third line and Lucic on the 4th

Dube-Bennett-Phillips
Lucic-Ryan-Nordstrom
TBH I would still rather run Gawdin there, right handed shot for faceoffs and provides more size. He is also strong defensively and has pretty good skating too

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Very safe depth player to use in 4th line PK role. He's not big and doesn't fight but he'll hit and get in the dirty areas. Great team guy and really changed some people's mind in Boston. Going to miss his energy

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Offensive black hole. Endless energy. Solid defensive game and pk.

you’ll never get anything more or less than that out of Nordstrom, and that’s totally ok imo. He is consistent like no other.

Reactions: jct45

treple13

Sep 1, 2013

Dube-Bennett-Phillips
Lucic-Ryan-Nordstrom

Honestly we shouldn't be expecting Lucic anywhere other than the 4th line to start the year. He was decent last year, but he should be a 4th liner if we want success. He also did well with Ryan last year. So whoever makes it of the young guys should be on the 3rd line

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Typically turns his game up a notch in the playoffs. His line sucked these past playoffs but it wasn’t his fault, he was still flying around blocking shots and throwing his body around

it’s tough to find better value for what he will bring come playoff time

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Typically turns his game up a notch in the playoffs. His line sucked these past playoffs but it wasn’t his fault, he was still flying around blocking shots and throwing his body around

it’s tough to find better value for what he will bring come playoff time

this guy would be quite the player if he had any scoring ability whatsoever.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad