Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Joakim Nordstrom signs with the Flames (1 year, $700K)

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Nordstrom is much better than the stat line indicates. I have no doubt you guys will see what I’m talking about after not much time.

Good skater, good defensively, surprisingly physical, smart. No, he’s not going to be a 20 goal scorer, but he’s a very reliable and effective forward in most situations.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Steal of a deal. You will love him at that price. Very under the radar signing

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Whenever I caught a Bruins game the last few years, he was definitely noticeable in a good way. Seems like a good energy guy so I like it. If he forces Rinaldo out of the lineup, I like it even more.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Good 4th liner.

In a season where our enforcers were Marchand and Krug, Nordstrom was one of the few to not only say the toughness must come from everyone... but actually converted words to action. Sad as it may be. Great PKer and shot blocker also.

Reactions: Mitts

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
plays like a madman in the playoffs. All out effort, diving all over the place.

Flames is going to get a good 4th line guy

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
Smart, quick, surprisingly strong (wears very, very small pads and doesn't skate upright), is bigger than he seems. Loved him on the Bruins. Great price for him.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Remember when someone posted the Instagram photo of Markstrom, Nordstrom, and Elias Lindholm fishing together a month ago, and people were reading into Markstrom signing with the Flames. Well now the fishing group is all together

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
If he's really good friends with Lindholm and Markstrom, it makes sense he'd come here if all he was getting was a comtract in that 700-850k range. Especially in these times, it's probably worth a good amount to be close to people like that. Especially if they won't be able to go out much with other people next season, at least they're able to hang out

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Just read dude was openly weeping after the game 7 loss. All heart.

Hes a warrior would rather him over Lindholm but u will like him.
Lmao I thought you meant you'd rather have Nordstrom over Elias, or even Hampus Lindholm, before remembering Par was still in the league

Durnberg

Feb 2, 2007
Nordy was awesome for the bruins come playoff time. Very effective at what he does...and so relentless.

We will miss him.

Nismo350z

Apr 20, 2018
He had a year in Carolina, where he played on a line with Jordan Staal, and Andrei Nestrasil, that were one of the most dominant lines defensively in the league. they had a stretch of about 20 games without surrendering a single goal, playing against other teams top lines.

Nestrasil got hurt, and the line was never the same again.

Was sad to see him go.

Reactions: LakeLivin

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Seems kinda weird, why didn't the Bruins keep him for that amount?

4th liners are replaceable. They probably want to open a spot for a kid who's younger and potentially better.

Nordstrom is a solid player. Never had issues with his motor or play on the ice. But at the end of the day, he was still a 4th liner that was putting up below 15 points a season for the team. It was time to see if they have someone better.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Seems kinda weird, why didn't the Bruins keep him for that amount?
When you are only worth league minimum, you hold all the cards on where you play. Boston May have matched that, but perhaps he wanted to play with his buddies, get out of the US Covid hotbed and move on from a team that is clearly circling the drain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad