Confirmed Signing with Link: [CGY] Dillon Dube re-signs with the Flames (3 years, $2.3M AAV)

mratch19

Jul 27, 2010
Vancouver
wow from what I saw from him last season, I think this deal could be very sexy by as soon as the end of this season!

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Good deal for Calgary, I could see him develop really well in those 3 years and be worth way more than that early on

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
He seems to always play well against the Canucks, so my opinion of him may be biased, but this is great value for the Flames.

nerblet

Aug 9, 2015
He is one of the flames players I like for some reason. Cant quite name it. But he seems very streaky to me. Sometimes he seems invisible out there

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I've seen a few people complain about the deal, but I don't get it. He's a legit 3rd liner who can step up into a 2nd line role, and he's only getting better. Brings lots of hustle and consistent effort. How is $2.3 million an overpayment? If you could have entire line of Dube's on the 3rd line making $2.3, you'd be pretty happy with that.

He's also still an RFA when this deal expires. In the event the Flames do blow it up, this contract leaves Dube with lots of trade value. Another great one for Treliving IMO.

Reactions: Nanuuk

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Dube had some really good stretches

just need to do it more often

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I've seen a few people complain about the deal, but I don't get it. He's a legit 3rd liner who can step up into a 2nd line role, and he's only getting better. Brings lots of hustle and consistent effort. How is $2.3 million an overpayment? If you could have entire line of Dube's on the 3rd line making $2.3, you'd be pretty happy with that.

He's also still an RFA when this deal expires. In the event the Flames do blow it up, this contract leaves Dube with lots of trade value. Another great one for Treliving IMO.
Agreed except for the consistency part

With consistency, he can be a solid top 9 player, maybe top 6

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
He’s an ok 3rd liner most nights, he’s been a good 2nd liner for less than 15 games in his careers I’d say

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00