Confirmed Trade: [CGY/CHI] Ryan Carpenter for 2024 5th round pick

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
There's zero room on the top 9 truth be told.
The Flames are legitimately scary deep. There are 30 goal scorers on each of the top 3 lines. We need a guy who can carry some play down the middle. Sean Monahan is struggling to be much of anything these days.
Flames are a blast to watch. All I have to look forward to as a Hawks fan for the next 5 years Lol

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Flames are a blast to watch. All I have to look forward to as a Hawks fan for the next 5 years Lol

Coming from someone who's essentially watched every televised Flames game since they were like 7 years old; it's nice having a team that's a blast to watch because from 97-2022 there's been all of like... 5 years worth watching :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
He can rotate in and out of the lineup. Seems like a mild upgrade on Richardson. Possibly starts as the 13th forward here, but we can swap out Monahan, Lewis or Lucic to give rest if needed or in case of injury

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Carpenter is solid defensively and works hard he will chip in once inawhile scoring but solid defensive center f/o guy and plays pk

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He's always kinda stood out to me watching Blackhawks games, as one of those guys who really understands and embraces his role. The sort of player who can actually make a bit of an impact in those more limited 4th line type minutes. Doesn't need to do a lot with the puck and offensively in general to make his presence felt. Always nice to have a responsible player like that who knows their role, and the coach can just throw out there and not be afraid it's going to really "hurt" the team.

Seems like a good, cheap load up on depth sort of acquisition for the Flames.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Not a waste. Chances are that pick could have been spent on a depth d-man. Instead we get an upgrade of Richardson and more options for the line-up.
Agreed, the price for depth defensemen that aren't really better than Stone or Mackey was pretty high. I wouldn't have done this deal, but I'm not unhappy with it. I just don't really think Carpenter is a better player than Ruzicka. Not a bad thing to have one guy who can slot into the top 9 and one into the bottom 3 though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad