Confirmed Trade: [CGY/CHI] Ryan Carpenter for 2024 5th round pick

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I guess I just don't see where we need another 4th line/PK style player? We've been able to call up guys to fill in all year with no issues, and it's not really something I would have given up any asset to add to our team. If it's a 6th or 7th round pick or something, I guess who cares, but anything more just seems unnecessary...?
:dunno:

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
If he can center we can send McCarron back down (though McCarron hasn’t really been all that bad)
I guess I just don't see where we need another 4th line/PK style player? We've been able to call up guys to fill in all year with no issues, and it's not really something I would have given up any asset to add to our team. If it's a 6th or 7th round pick or something, I guess who cares, but anything more just seems unnecessary...?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I would say McCarron has actually been downright good. (Very surprisingly, very unexpectedly). For all we didn't like McCarron last year, he has actually been good this year and I can't see how Carpenter would be an upgrade. Carpenter would be more like just a parallel/depth addition than a replacement/upgrade.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Whatever.

Carpenter is just your generic ‘guy’. Its embarrassing the Blackhawks let Kampf walk just to give this replacement level player more minutes.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I actually like this deal, Carpenter is great on the 4th line.
He is good there and don’t try and elevate him up the lineup. He knows and embraces his role. You will like him as long as you don’t expect much O from him.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He is good there and don’t try and elevate him up the lineup. He knows and embraces his role. You will like him as long as you don’t expect much O from him.

There's zero room on the top 9 truth be told.
The Flames are legitimately scary deep. There are 30 goal scorers on each of the top 3 lines. We need a guy who can carry some play down the middle. Sean Monahan is struggling to be much of anything these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad