Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hanifin(6'3 215) - Tanev(6'2 205)
Valimaki(6'2 215) - Andersson(6'1 215)
Mackey(6'2 205) - Zadorov(6'6 235)
Kylington(6'0 190)

giphy.gif

Pretty whatever on Zadorov but I've always liked one guy on the blueline that goes out and crushes guys. Will wait and see what the contract comes in on before judging too harshly.

Ledge And Dairy

Aka solves none of our issues on the blue line and blocks one of valimaki or Mackey from getting regular minutes.
Thats the worst possible way of looking at it, going into next year with both of them taking up top up spots would be very risky. Zadorov (not my preferred choice) at least can play the 2nd pair if Valimaki isnt ready and the 3rd pair if he is

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Thats the worst possible way of looking at it, going into next year with both of them taking up top up spots would be very risky. Zadorov (not my preferred choice) at least can play the 2nd pair if Valimaki isnt ready and the 3rd pair if he is

Did anything think Calgary wasn't going to add a guy? Rolling with Mackey, Kylington AND Valimaki as D regulars seems like it might be risky.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Fine with this

He has tools that tease the potential to be a top 4 but just never is going to put it together at this point

You cant continue to live off potential after 8 years in NHL

A fine bottom pairing defender but that is it

Wont miss his stupid and ill timed penalties

Reactions: wahsnairb

Ledge And Dairy

Did anything think Calgary wasn't going to add a guy? Rolling with Mackey, Kylington AND Valimaki as D regulars seems like it might be risky.
No idea but Zadorov is a pretty decent option IMO. What we needed was a #4/5 guy who is decent defensively and Big Z is that. His offensive skills are pretty bad but thats not what we are adding him for, he's the kind of guy who can kill penalties, block a lot of shots, and hit really freaking hard. I remember when we played against Colorado he just decimated some of our smaller guys. He's coming in to play on the 2nd line if Valimaki isnt ready right away and then moves down to the 3rd if/when he is. I just hope we dont sign him for too many years and its just a stopgap move because 3.2M QO is pretty high and I think Mackey can be ready by next season + we need the cap space for Mange, Chucky, and Johnny

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Zadorov's defensive metrics are actually much better than I thought. I kind of figured he was a physical bottom pairing guy. He appears to be elite defensively and utterly horrific at producing offense. Might be a good partner for either Andersson or Valimaki.

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
Zadorov's defensive metrics are actually much better than I thought. I kind of figured he was a physical bottom pairing guy. He appears to be elite defensively and utterly horrific at producing offense. Might be a good partner for either Andersson or Valimaki.
See, that’s where stats are wrong tho. I’ve watched him play, he’s definitely not elite defensively. He’s good, when he’s in his game. And that’s nothing to scoff at. But elite? Or even great? Nah. That’s not Z.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
If he gets under $4M AAV over let's say 3 years, I'm going get pissade as a Rangers fan. I'd rather have him over Nemeth.

I'm guessing 3-5 years @ $4.5-4.75M AAV.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
See, that’s where stats are wrong tho. I’ve watched him play, he’s definitely not elite defensively. He’s good, when he’s in his game. And that’s nothing to scoff at. But elite? Or even great? Nah. That’s not Z.
Elite might be an overstatement, but the numbers show he's better defensively than 85% of NHLers. I know he was really good in our playoff series against Colorado a few years back. Haven't watched him much in the past year though.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Chicago went from Artemi Panarin, to Brandon Saad, to Nikita Zadorov, to a 2022 3rd.
Columbus went from Anisimov to Saad to Panarin to NOTHING

Colorado went from O Reilly to Zadorov to Saad to NOTHING

Chicago yes did deal Panarin for Saad then Saad for Zadorov but their trade team is still VALID in that the 3rd rounder could be something, eventually

Reactions: Devonator

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Columbus went from Anisimov to Saad to Panarin to NOTHING

Colorado went from O Reilly to Zadorov to Saad to NOTHING

Chicago yes did deal Panarin for Saad then Saad for Zadorov but their trade team is still VALID in that the 3rd rounder could be something, eventually
yeah, really shouldnt be the line of thinking. Turning an elite player who is now a top 5-10 player in the league, into a 3rd is a failure. I still dont know why Chicago traded him in the 1st place.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He destroyed the Flames in the playoffs two years ago. But meh. I guess this helps our depth, we definitely needed another NHLer after losing Gio.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Zadorov has excellent defensive results but produces nothing offensively.

While I'm not a biig fan based on his previous results, he truly seems like someone who could blossom under Sutter hockey.

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad