Confirmed Trade: [CGY/CHI] Nikita Zadorov for 2022 3rd round pick

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

Ahhhhhhh no more of this every game

Zadorov would be fine at like 1.5M. He's expecting almost 6M. He can get the f*** out of here with that

You can have that with your $9.5 million Defense men.

COHawk

Sep 16, 2015
How does Chicago plan on fixing their D? It’s kind of gross today, and they’ve traded next year’s (protected) first rounder.
The way this offseason is going Stan is probably going to try and sign Dougie too...

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Hawks fan here, he certainly was not good.

I think most of us would rather have let him walk for nothing than to sign him to a deal that was even a couple years long. To get something of decent value how him is fine by me.

Defenders that don't do offense are always so funny to see evaluated by fans. Couple posts apart are saying he was terrible and one of our best defenders haha.

I'm hoping for an Engellend like player. I personally love the type and feel they are very important.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
How does Chicago plan on fixing their D? It’s kind of gross today, and they’ve traded next year’s (protected) first rounder.
McCabe,Jones,Murphy are all top 4. Kalynuk, Mitchell, Stillman, Beaduin are all nhl players now with potential. DeHaan was a top 4 guy 2 years ago. Who knows.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Reaves would murdelize Zadorov. He’s a hitter, not a fighter.

He fought just fine when someone would go with him.
Tailed off after the broken jaw, but was still a willing participant and tried to engage Reaves more than once when he was still with the Avs.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Hawks fan here, he certainly was not good.

I think most of us would rather have let him walk for nothing than to sign him to a deal that was even a couple years long. To get something of decent value how him is fine by me.

Always seen him as a bottom pairing D. Way too soft for a top 4 and has mental lapses when he plays too many minutes. He wasn't good in Colorado either.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Defenders that don't do offense are always so funny to see evaluated by fans. Couple posts apart are saying he was terrible and one of our best defenders haha.

I'm hoping for an Engellend like player. I personally love the type and feel they are very important.
Some meatball fans think that because he is physical and hits people he's a good defender. He's not. He's not poor but he's not good either. He lacks quickness in close areas and consistently gets beaten for it and his decision making at times is also questionable and leaves him exposed.

He's hardly a defensive rock and even if he was one of the better Hawk defenders last season (I disagree with that take by the way) that is still akin to being one of the best looking guys at an incel meetup.

All that said, I wouldn't have hated if he was realistic with his contract demands and took say, a 2 year deal for $2.5 million or something. The rumors are though he expect something like 4 years and around $4 million.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
He was terrible for the Hawks the first 1/4 of the season. Horrible. After that he was serviceable but a bottom pairing guy. He just needs some stability and consistency in how he is used. Colliton is a total idiot moron coach so don't take much away from a player not working for us with that turd as our coach.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
He was terrible for the Hawks the first 1/4 of the season. Horrible. After that he was serviceable but a bottom pairing guy. He just needs some stability and consistency in how he is used. Colliton is a total idiot moron coach so don't take much away from a player not working for us with that turd as our coach.
What are you talking about? Jeremy is a certified "guru" and great at developing young players!!

:rolleyes:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Zadorov is one of those guys who I think for the right price can find a spot on any blue line. The problem is what he thinks the right price is and what the right price actually is doesn't really line up.

2m on the third pairing? Sure I'd love him. Anything more than that? f*** off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad