Proposal: CGY/CBJ

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa

TJ Brodie's value is at its all-time highest and it's likely we'd lose him in the expansion draft anyway. The Flames could use some more help down the middle and Wennberg helps them out there. He's a pass-first centre who's a better distributor than Ryan.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I thought CBJ was set on D? Aside from that I doubt they're ready to give up on Wennberg for a guy that'd be on their 3rd pairing

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This might be considered if perchance we do something like trading Werenski for a much better C. Even then, it's extraordinarily dubious. As is, zero chance. We need improvements at center and are more than set at LD.

(And no, you can't have him. Not unless you're willing to give us Monahan.)

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
This might be considered if perchance we do something like trading Werenski for a much better C. Even then, it's extraordinarily dubious. As is, zero chance. We need improvements at center and are more than set at LD.

What ever happened to Savard? Just 2 seasons ago he was still putting up impressive metrics while being the go to shutdown player with Jack Johnson of all players.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What ever happened to Savard? Just 2 seasons ago he was still putting up impressive metrics while being the go to shutdown player with Jack Johnson of all players.
Nothing happened to Savard. He's our #2RD behind Jones.

He's having to cover for Werenski's growing pains right now, tho, so he may look a little dubious to statwatchers.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

I'm willing to give up Monahan and way more for Jones.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Columbus doesn’t need another D and I don’t think Calgary really needs more forwards.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Calgary says no, not with the way the season is going so far and ripping a massive hole in their blueline would be incredibly dumb. Plus those two players wouldn't move the needle at all for Brodie

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Brodie isn't a fit in Columbus, not unless Giordano is coming to help him.

Wennberg and Milano are available but that wouldn't be the return.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
If Columbus were to move a Dman for a center, this would make a lot of sense. Until then, not sure it works.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
What is with CP Flames fans being obsessed with trading Brodie? He's showing the last two years were clearly the fault of a craptacular coach and not because he just fell off a cliff. He and Giordano have fantastic chemistry, why break that up and especially for such a lackluster deal?

And the expansion draft is like 3 years away. Why cripple the current windows over fears from something so far away?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Only way I'd consider this is if there would be a follow up move to acquire a top-line center with Werenski as part of that deal. Too many left shot defensemen as-is, and there would be a significant hole at center if Wennberg is traded without a suitable upgrade at the position coming back in return.

Also don't really see why Calgary would want to trade Brodie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad