Post-Game Talk: CGY 2 @ NSH 1 (OT): Praise John Ramp.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I dont know how the Flames keep on winning these games...

As much as I love to see a win, part of me thinks they deserve a loss. What these wins are doing to the team, is once again setting unrealistic expectation and postponing facing the fact that this team has a long way to go until they are a true threat and a contender in this league. So a loss or a truly poor record would force the team to focus on themselves more and examine their system (or lack of). Its tough however because wins boost confidence and confidence is a part of what you need to develop as a team or player.

That first period was a perfect example of what this team truly is. They were completely out played there and were lucky to come out of that period not down 3-4 goals. What is most frustrating is that never has this team looked like the team Nashville was in that first. The Flames entry and possession in their offensive zone is crap poor and without Johnny it would be non existent. I dont think there is a team in the league that ever truly feel a treat from this team when they enter the zone. That is the development I want to see from this team eventually. Build on your game and hopefully in 1-2 years time we can be a good possession team with true full depth threat. But what I fear is that these random scramble wins are just postponing getting to that in some sense.
The Flames have experienced both this season. They started off getting trounced regularly and ended up with a truly poor record that kicked them in the ass. Now they're winning and gaining confidence. Hopefully it's the perfect storm.

CNeufeld

Feb 5, 2009
The Flames have experienced both this season. They started off getting trounced regularly and ended up with a truly poor record that kicked them in the ass. Now they're winning and gaining confidence. Hopefully it's the perfect storm.

Now if they can just upgrade their special teams to "average" (from "dismal")!

C

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Ramp was awesome tonight. Might've just won the top job . . . Until he lets in 1 bad goal. And then Hartley mad; go kookoo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad