Post-Game Talk: CGY 2 @ NSH 1 (OT): Praise John Ramp.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Defense was pretty good Ramo played well (reason we were still in it) and the team played very well after the first. Exciting game and it seems like the team is finally clicking! Great to see and I think we go on a tear soon, like we are currently I guess. :laugh:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
This team is really fun to watch. OT, is insane. Johnny is just above anyone else on the ice.

I see the top line went through a juggling again.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
This team is really fun to watch. OT, is insane. Johnny is just above anyone else on the ice.

I see the top line went through a juggling again.

I think that was mainly because they only had 11 forwards because Frolik left in the second with upper body injury

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Nevermind, the Flames aren't in a playoff spot. Coyotes have the tie breaker, with 14 ROW to the Flames' 13.

Still, the Pacific is a joke. It's good, in the sense that it gives the Flames the opportunity to overcome their terrible start. But it's bad, in that, if the Flames start losing again, it's always an excuse to not sell.

But regardless, Russell, Jones and Hudler should all be traded at the deadline or sooner. No cap room to re-sign any of them and none of them are really long term solutions.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Randy Sportak:

By assisting Kris Russell’s game-winner in Tuesday’s 2-1 extra-time victory over the Nashville Predators, the Calgary Flames’ diminutive offensive machine has already tied the mark for most overtime points in a season since five-minute overtime came into the league in 1983-84.

The Flames have a 8-1 record in the three-on-three action — and Gaudreau’s collected seven points.

He tied the mark for most OT points in a season set by Markus Naslund in 2003-04 and equalled by Joe Thornton in ’05-06.

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
I dont know how the Flames keep on winning these games...

As much as I love to see a win, part of me thinks they deserve a loss. What these wins are doing to the team, is once again setting unrealistic expectation and postponing facing the fact that this team has a long way to go until they are a true threat and a contender in this league. So a loss or a truly poor record would force the team to focus on themselves more and examine their system (or lack of). Its tough however because wins boost confidence and confidence is a part of what you need to develop as a team or player.

That first period was a perfect example of what this team truly is. They were completely out played there and were lucky to come out of that period not down 3-4 goals. What is most frustrating is that never has this team looked like the team Nashville was in that first. The Flames entry and possession in their offensive zone is crap poor and without Johnny it would be non existent. I dont think there is a team in the league that ever truly feel a treat from this team when they enter the zone. That is the development I want to see from this team eventually. Build on your game and hopefully in 1-2 years time we can be a good possession team with true full depth threat. But what I fear is that these random scramble wins are just postponing getting to that in some sense.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
First period was probably the worst period I've seen this season. Rämö was solid, and that maybe saved the Flames. On the other hand, when you look at the whole game, Nashville managed just 9 shots on the last two periods.

And I'd say Flames have looked as good as the Predators in the first period. Not a full game (or even period), but for the first 10min of 3rd period of that OT game at Chicago, Flames absolutely dominated.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Nakladal is listed as a scratch. When did he get recalled?
According to the AHL website Nakladal has not been recalled and the Flames have not made an AHL/NHL transaction since Smid was recalled after his conditioning stint.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
So is there an Award for most disallowed goals in a season, Bennett has to be leading that race.

Also how in the name of all things hockey was their no Penalty, let alone a penalty shot for Ferland.

But most importantly Yay we won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 21, 2014
So is there an Award for most disallowed goals in a season, Bennett has to be leading that race.

Also how in the name of all things hockey was their no Penalty, let alone a penalty shot for Ferland.

But most importantly Yay we won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Refs wanted to see Gaudreau in OT. :naughty:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Gaudreau in OT

lQvrtHe%20-%20Imgur_zps3ralrsdp.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad