OT: CFL: Ottawa Redblacks

stigs17

Dec 3, 2005
Bob Dyce has gotta be the dumbest coach in the league. No reason to go for that 50 yard field goal. He may cost his team the game. Should be a fireable offense by season's end.
Dyce and the quota hires have cost 5-7 wins this season. A coaching squad of castoff imbeciles. Not hiring on merit has dire consequences in any profession. Even in the joke CFL, the quotas get exposed real quick.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The RedBlacks are a disgrace to the city of Ottawa. No team here would be a great deal less embarrassing.

Bankruptcy would be better for all, especially so the focus of Ottawa sports fans can be squarely placed upon the up and coming Ottawa Senators.

If the Ottawa RedBlacks continue as a franchise next year, it better be with a new GM, and an entire set of new coaches.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Hard to believe the team was the most popular one in Ottawa 5 or so years ago. Can the decline be mostly attributed to the loss of the original ownership? Didn't he sell of most or all of his interests in the team?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Pretty good game last night by the RedBlacks for the most part although they almost blew it & Sask. luckily ran out of time. The QB keep was one of the best plays I have seen from this team since Burris was QB. Crum had a very good game but the RedBlacks have lots of holes to fix expecially on defence & at wide receiver for next season.

Reactions: Bileur

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The XFL and United States Football League (USFL) officially announced the intention to merge leagues on Thursday.

Sorry to say but this will be the beginning of the end for the CFL. Once popularity grows in the XFL the CFL will never be able to attrack even decent players.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The XFL and United States Football League (USFL) officially announced the intention to merge leagues on Thursday.

Sorry to say but this will be the beginning of the end for the CFL. Once popularity grows in the XFL the CFL will never be able to attrack even decent players.

Combining two leagues into one should free up more players to come up to the CFL, it could work to their advantage too. Any other league that isn't the NFL has not worked in the US & many of them have folded, remember the arena league? :laugh:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Good lord this team sucks.

I spend a lot on tickets and merch, trying to get the kids on board but I literally have to field questions from my son like :

“J’ai tort ou nous avons zéro points? (Am I wrong or do we have zero points)”
“Est-ce que ça veut dire qu’on est nuls? (Does that mean we suck?)”

Yes son, yes it does.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Combining two leagues into one should free up more players to come up to the CFL, it could work to their advantage too. Any other league that isn't the NFL has not worked in the US & many of them have folded, remember the arena league? :laugh:
Players in the 80's and 90's used to look at the CFL as a way to get seen by an NFL team. As the popularity grows in the US with the XFL coming to Canada will definitely be most players 4th option behind The NFL, NFL practice rosters, XFL, and then CFL.

For a player who plays the whole season can make up to $100,000 cad in the XFL. The average CFL salary is between 60,000 to 100,000 cad. USFL players make less in salaries compared to those in the XFL but they also lay a 10 game season and possible 2 game playoffs.

If the AHL can survive in Canada the this new league will have no problem seeing as Football is the most popular sport in the US.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Good lord this team sucks.

I spend a lot on tickets and merch, trying to get the kids on board but I literally have to field questions from my son like :

“J’ai tort ou nous avons zéro points? (Am I wrong or do we have zero points)”
“Est-ce que ça veut dire qu’on est nuls? (Does that mean we suck?)”

Yes son, yes it does.
Ah oui les enfants ont le tour de nous ramener à la réalité!!! :laugh:

Reactions: Bileur

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Guess who lost again, but they did mange a field goal. ELIMINATED

SidSixpointSeven

Nov 1, 2019
Going for a meaningless field goal at that point in the game basically sums up the complete and total incompetence of the people supposedly running this team. Hey, look at us, instead of maybe trying to actually win this game (I know, a longshot at best) we're going to score three points so we don't get shutout and the score doesn't look so bad. This decision alone should be the reason the entire coaching staff gets launched into the sun after we lose two more games to the Argos.

Reactions: Al14

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'll give you one positive to take from this wreckage of a season - the emergence of Dustin Crum. We were forced at gunpoint to develop a 24 year old QB and live with his growing pains because we had no other option due to injury. In so doing, we probably accelerated his learning curve greatly. History shows that it often takes QBs a few years to figure it out in this league. In fact, most star CFL QBs from the last twenty years or so that you can name generally didn't come into their own until their late 20s. Calvillo, Ricky Ray, Collaros - they all had to endure some early tough lessons.

Crum has played hard and had some impressive moments despite his lack of experience and having zero help around him. He is a strong candidate for CFL Rookie of the Year, in fact. If Crum emerges as a star QB for the next number of years in this league, this will be remembered as the year that launched him, lousy as it otherwise was.

Reactions: thinkwild

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Isn't it interesting how so many people want to fire the coach & GM of the RedBlacks & the Sens in the same season. :laugh:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
we now have 2 field goals also 2 intercepts and fumble recovery but losing 14-6 at HT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad