OT: CFL: Ottawa Redblacks

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
It was actually 17-3 at the half, but another last second loss. At least most of the games are close. Caleb came back with big plays and Pigrome didnt. I guess i jinxed it. Only a few bright spots

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
We constantly give up 300+ passing yards, and have multiple big plays against every game. The secondary is terrible.

Also, the highlights didn’t show it well, but why was the late interception by the Redblacks called back?

ThreeMs

Oct 21, 2013
Ottawa
We constantly give up 300+ passing yards, and have multiple big plays against every game. The secondary is terrible.

Also, the highlights didn’t show it well, but why was the late interception by the Redblacks called back?
The command centre ruled it out of bounds.

stigs17

Dec 3, 2005
How disgraceful, but all too predictable. Garbage product since 2018, good on coach Campbell getting out knowing what was coming when mgmt refused to listen and handed the Grey Cup coach nothing to work with.

For the rest of everyone's life who is living today, the RBs will be the trivia answer for the team that saved the longest losing streak in pro sports history, the sad-sack EDM Eskimos 22 games losing at home over 4 years & 1,415 days.

Quota hires and terrible management have consequences. Just like unelected officials driving up costs at the grocery stores, pumps and hotels 100-300% under regimes with 30% support, more like 10% approval with those of us who pay the bills.

stigs17

Dec 3, 2005
Predictions moving forward on a pathetic, lifeless 3-8 RBs club with quota hires at the helm:

SEP 8 vs HAM - Close Loss
SEP 16 @ BC - Blowout Loss
SEP 22 vs SSK - Close win (to give false playoff hope, cue the fake tsn1200 hype)
SEP 30 vs MTL - Close Loss
OCT 9 @ MTL - Blowout Loss
OCT 14 @ TOR - Blowout Loss (most Argos starters will rest in the 2nd half)
OCT 28 vs TOR - Tight win (TOR will already clinch the division & rest 75-100% their starters)

5-13 overall, nowhere near the playoffs.

stigs17

Dec 3, 2005
RBs coach Dice should pose as the goaltending coach of the Sens. Would likely be more qualified there than the current role. There's "in over his head" ... this guy is drowning at the bottom of the ocean, as is the rest of this joke staff. MERIT & qualifications should always be the #1 hiring criteria, period.

Reactions: Icelevel

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
His glassy eyed, slack jawed non-reactions to everything around him are infuriating.

Guy barely seems interested in the tire fire in front of him.

I'm willing to give Burke a mulligan, but I find it concerning this was his first choice to hire as head coach. Not a good first impression.

Reactions: bert

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
I genuinely want to cheer for this team but after losing to Montreal / Hamilton at home and Edmonton on the road its hard to see us being anything other than the worst team in the league.

Reactions: Bileur

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I genuinely want to cheer for this team but after losing to Montreal / Hamilton at home and Edmonton on the road its hard to see us being anything other than the worst team in the league.

I must say tanking in the CFL has to be the most useless of any pro sport.

• Haha
Reactions: OD99 and ColinM

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I must say tanking in the CFL has to be the most useless of any pro sport.
Come on, you aren't excited to get that #1 overall? Maybe some O-Lineman?

What happened to our D though? At the beginning of the season we got after the QB and were collecting turnovers like crazy. I haven't followed enough, did we have a bunch of injuries or we just stagnated and offences have figured us out?

Reactions: Bileur

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I'd rather just get blown out every week. What a bunch of complete losers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad