CFL: Official "Ottawa REDBLACKS" Thread Part IV: It's a Brand New Day edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
...and for what it's worth, despite our lack of touchdowns, we were one act-of-god-sure-thing-FG-gone-wrong from winning this game. Our defence is still very good, and we've got a relatively young roster. Can we pump the damn brakes on jumping ship already?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
So some of you guys are already deciding to jump ship eh?

How did any of you guys ever survive the 1992-1993 Ottawa Senators?

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I am just about to jump on ship... heaven knows I like a good underdog. Might as well sink, when the sinking is good.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I hope Melnyk sells the Redblacks, I've had enough of his BS as the owner of this team.

Fusbolito

Jan 29, 2012
It's what expansion teams are about.

It's almost MORE frustrating because we're IN so many games so late, and we have such a great D, most of the time. You just have a feeling that if our offense could rush their way out of a wet paper bag, or catch the ball more than 60% of the time, we'd be sitting pretty in the east.

I don't think the folks on the TSN panel saying that Ottawa has an expansion team's mentality (just get to the place, do my job, etc.) as opposed to the mentality of a winning team are entirely right, I think the main issue is that we have such limited offensive weapons, that when those guys are covered, we aren't much of a threat to anyone. Cover Chevon Walker, and you've shut down our rushing game (hopefully he's not out a long while.) Cover the medium distance passes and squeeze the pocket, and you've done a good job to limit Burris' possible offensive contribution, because of our woeful receivers, thus far.

We'll make it through this, we just have to keep showing up to games, and not lose patience, and we will be rewarded, eventually. Hell, if Hamilton made it to the Grey Cup last year, anything can happen.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I'm still very much enjoying watching the team. They probably should have stopped the game before the FG attempt. Looks like snow.

FXC110_FBO_CFL_Lions_Redblacks_20140905_zps34bba89a.jpg

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
another loss and it was still a great time at TD place. team has no where to go but up and i don't doubt it will be sooner than later. in the mean time, thank you to everyone involved in building it. the wins (they) will come.

Oct 10, 2010
I haven't looked up the #s, but i am guessing we are on pace for the worst offense in CFL history?

We'd probably be close to .500 if they knew how to score some points.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Can't believe I paid money to watch that game last night.

Burris' arm is undeniably crippling, and his lack of any kind of protection is compounding that.

He didn't throw a single deep completion last night, IIRC.

It wasn't even that our defines was good last night, it was that BC's was just...bad. Lulay was poor other than when he was scrambling, and the Lions dropped a ton of passes and took a crapload of procedure penalties.

I've been to two CFL games and not seen a single touchdown - who knew that was possible? :amazed::amazed::amazed:

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I haven't looked up the #s, but i am guessing we are on pace for the worst offense in CFL history?

But this defense is starting to rival one of the best in recent years. Despite the whiny comments, this defense is first class, offense is actually easier to figure out, they'll get it going.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Looks like Chevon Walker will miss the rest of the season, in all likelihood.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=461122

He had surgery this morning, and although the prognosis isn't in yet, it's likely he's done.

Oh well, they weren't using him enough, and, in the right situations anyways IMHO. See you next year Chevon!

We just may end up 1 and 15 when we were promised better! Thanks CFL, nice con job! :p:

Because of the RedBlacks situation, I really hope Toronto gets an NFL team soon. Well, NOT REALLY! ;)

Oct 10, 2010
But this defense is starting to rival one of the best in recent years. Despite the whiny comments, this defense is first class, offense is actually easier to figure out, they'll get it going.
They mentioned last night on how they have dropped 37 balls this year.

And with the protection not being consistent they obviously need to cut the drops down big time.

It will be interesting to see when Chris Matthews ends his NFL search. ( His agent is still pitching him to teams)

We'll be all over him should he decide to comeback.

Oct 10, 2010
Oh well, they weren't using him enough, and, in the right situations anyways IMHO. See you next year Chevon!

We just may end up 1 and 15 when we were promised better! Thanks CFL, nice con job! :p:

Because of the RedBlacks situation, I really hope Toronto gets an NFL team soon. Well, NOT REALLY! ;)

Yeah, they defiantly didn't use him enough and coach Campbell has repeatedly said they wanted him to get the ball more and that really hasn't happened.

No excuses.

Oct 10, 2010
The only RBs on the Roster at this point are Micheal Hayes and DJ Harper.

They'll probably bring in one or two.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site

1 and 17

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
So some of you guys are already deciding to jump ship eh?

How did any of you guys ever survive the 1992-1993 Ottawa Senators?

Ottawa media were saying the REDBLACKS could win 9-10 games. No one had any illusions the Senators would be competitive in their first few seasons.

Twitter / SunDoniB: If #RedBlacks are going to ...
https://twitter.com/SunDoniB/status/489439659911421952
If #RedBlacks are going to win 1 game (and I had them for 10) it should be Friday.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah, they defiantly didn't use him enough and coach Campbell has repeatedly said they wanted him to get the ball more and that really hasn't happened.

No excuses.

The offense goes thru Burris and not only is he done physically (every throw looks like a duck), he's done mentally. Look no further than the final "drive" he orchestrated. It was garbage.

He is a massive bust and the team needs to cut their losses with him after this season. We should have kept Glenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad