CFL 2024

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Some of the best too have been players an coaches.

John Hufngagel
Bill Baker
Wally Buono
Ralph Sazio
Bob Obillovich
Lyle Bauer
Kyle Walters
Jones and Simon aren't on that list, which is all that matters to Elkimo fans. Hey, I get you want the Evil Empire to suffer as long as we can, so I take your 'truth' with a grain of salt. ;)

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Jones and Simon aren't on that list, which is all that matters to Elkimo fans. Hey, I get you want the Evil Empire to suffer as long as we can, so I take your 'truth' with a grain of salt. ;)

If you’ve read my CFL posts, au contraire. The CFL will wither and die if the Elks are a perennial loser on the field or boardroom.

Ive made that statement many times in this forum. Cheers.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Not directed at you but that isn’t an overwhelming vote of confidence. Many CFL players are working labour and retail post-football. Their heart might be in the right place but their pocketbooks collectively don’t turn the dial. The sentiment is good though. Means he loves the league I guess. Never heard of him.
Dave Naylor was on with Nielson today. Apparently there are already 19 expressions of interest submitted to own the club. Some big hitters as some see them as an alternative to owning an NFL team which is out of range even for the mega wealthy.

Also said guys Like Garrick Jones who do the PR tour like he is now, never get a team.

Reactions: brentashton

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
If you’ve read my CFL posts, au contraire. The CFL will wither and die if the Elks are a perennial loser on the field or boardroom.

Ive made that statement many times in this forum. Cheers.
I know you’re a big CFL fan, I was just kidding around. But when fans of your biggest rival tell you you need to trust that Jones knows what he’s doing, when he’s been an unmitigated disaster here, you’re gonna get some friendly shots. ;)

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Shivers defense was last in every category with the Riders last season. Jones keeps making bad decision after bad decision.
A certain amount of that blame needs to be directed towards Jeremy ODay who saddled him with a pretty poor roster on the d side of the ball (heck, whose kidding who, it was both sides)

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Elks in such a financial mess, they can't even fire McAdoo, but can only "hide him" under some other title and job until his contract runs out. At least he's being kept away from anything they do during games.

Why burn operations cap space on someone to stay in their house. Kudos to McAdoo to be willing to help out in a reduced capacity as he likely could have just refused and it still would have cost the team the same.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

Figure I'd share this. Apparently a guy and his friend Shai Ross (Former Elk player) helped save a mother dog and her puppies from a flood. Pretty neat to see.

The other guy is the CFL’s most outstanding Canadian, Brady Oliviera.

Him and his gf Alex are huge in the animal rescue community. They do a ton of incredible work in Manitoba.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You do realize they both thought that Cornelius was ready, and he turned out to be one of the worst starting QB's in CFL history, despite pretty much every armchair QB out there who knew he was a dud. Jones has been an unmitigated disaster since coming back here, and has done very little right. Who the hell even knows what Simon does, but if it's helping with contracts and scouting, I would say he's the one that needs training wheels. For him to say that they plan to go with MBT for the next few years, as opposed to even offering up a competitive environment for the best man to take the job, is insulting to Ford, and puts us right back to where we were, with jobs given to favorites before camp starts, and with endless rope given. So far Simon just appears to be another ex Lion like Buono that has /continues to kick us in the nuts.
Not sure how anyone have any confidence about any decisions Jones or Simon make, based on how messed up this team has been since they've taken over. One head scratching decision after another, but we're supposed to trust them now, due to their professional expertise. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad