Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
It's that time of year again CFHF posters. The highly contentious, over the top dramatic, laughably argumentative prospect rankings!

Last years rankings:

2017 Top 20:
1. Mark Jankowski
2. Tyler Parsons
3. Rasmus Andersson
4. Juuso Valimaki
5. Oliver Kylington
6. Jon Gillies
7. Adam Fox
8. Dillon Dube
9. Andrew Mangiapane
10. Spencer Foo
11. Brett Kulak
12. Morgan Klimchuk
13. Hunter Shinkaruk
14. Emile Poirer
15. David Rittich
16. Tyler Wotherspoon
17. Matthew Phillips
18. Adam Ollas Mattson
19. Daniel Pribyl
20. Garnet Hathaway

Let me know if there are names you would like me to add as we go on. I know I'm missing a few from later rounds so far.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I'd say it's close between Andersson or Valimaki. After discussion with Jake and Paul, I'll go with Andersson for #1.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Valimaki, because he has among the highest potential, while having a pretty high floor. Andersson is a close #2

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I went with Oliver and will continue to do so until he gets picked. Gun to the Head, he’s the most intriguing defensive prospect we have and I think he’s very close to filling his holes he had. I think he might end up being a beast of a player.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Valimaki for me. Both he and Andersson have developed well since draft, but Valimaki has the higher potential and I see them as being pretty much on equal footing coming into camp this year.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I'm thinking Valimaki. I'd be leaning Andersson but I think therest a strong chance he graduates this year anyway

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Can't go wrong with Andersson or Valimaki. Both guys are top end defensive prospects.
Both guys have top pairing potential. Andersson will at minimum be a bottom pairing guy as early as this year.

Aug 3, 2010
Not to derail, but I wonder what the discussion would look like were Fox still part of the Flames system.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Andersson. Thought he showed very well in the short time he was on the NHL roster outside of maybe one game last year. Have no issue with people taking Valamaki either, kid is very complete for his age, although I don't think we see him in the NHL this season without several injuries.

Curious to see where Foo, Phillips, and Dube place

OP you're missing Glenn Gawdin

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Andersson. Thought he showed very well in the short time he was on the NHL roster outside of maybe one game last year. Have no issue with people taking Valamaki either, kid is very complete for his age, although I don't think we see him in the NHL this season without several injuries.

Curious to see where Foo, Phillips, and Dube place

OP you're missing Glenn Gawdin

Dube should be top 3.
Foo and Philips... dunno.

Foo should maybe ping the top 10. Strikes me as a guy who'll either be a good NHL'er or a guy we'll hear a few years down the road playing for the Checkers or something; that we're all like, oh yeah!

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Hunter Shinkaruk, Good Alberta boy from the Western Hockey League drives the net hard I think he'll find his game this season oops clicked Valimaki

The crazy thing about the list is we could see guys moving up without having accomplished a whole lot due to graduations and no new top 100 picks to push them down

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Valimaki
Dube
Andersson
Mangiapane
Foo
Kylington
Parsons
Gillies
Gawdin

The rest are long shots imo. Haven’t seen any of the new guys to make a judgment but I’m really intrigued by Pospisil.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Valimaki
Dube
Andersson
Mangiapane
Foo
Kylington
Parsons
Gillies
Gawdin

The rest are long shots imo. Haven’t seen any of the new guys to make a judgment but I’m really intrigued by Pospisil.

I'd rank Phillips as just as much a long shot as Gawdin. This season will be very telling for both I think.

Reactions: Cyrano

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I'd rank Phillips as just as much a long shot as Gawdin. This season will be very telling for both I think.

I’m not sold. Phil doesn’t look dynamic enough for someone his size to play in the NHL. He really only brings offence and I question how much of that he will bring to the next level.

Gawdin on the other hand seems like a guy who could make the team with his skill, but he also is more than willing to crush guys that aren’t paying attention. He needs to get faster but he’s just so smart and competitive and I think that’s what wins games.

Obviously just my opinion though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad