CFHF: The Gatherings v3.0... Good things come in 3s (Dec. 8-10th)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Thanks to everyone who made it out this weekend. It was a great time as usual. To those who couldn't, maybe 4 will be your lucky number.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I'll be on a greyhound, what's the worst that could happen......

It's sad that whenever I hear Greyhound, I think of that incident first before anything now.

i heard their new slogan is "where will you beheading?"

i will now show myself out

Actually, no joke, right before that happened they had just started an ad campaign with the following slogan which obviously had to be pulled immediately.

image4325388x.jpg

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Ace and Meth: during the game yesterday, my cousin texted me and asked me if I wanted any leftovers from her party (she lives in the next building over). I told her to just drop some off since she's got my key anyways. I expected her to leave me a plate of mixed stuff.

Nope.

I came home to find this on my counter (note, the toque in the background for size reference).

GL2mHOi.jpg

I literally could not shut my fridge door without taking out a shelf. Had I known she was going to leave this much, I would have had you guys come over after the game to help me clear some of it out :pullhair:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I know what you mean UC, I do too. That's one of the reasons I actually talk about taking the bus because people need to hear about the good experiences and from drivers to the baggage guys and security at the terminal, I've had nothing but good experiences. Last time when I was on crutches the driver carried all my stuff for me and took them to my seat, it was just great of her, I never had anyone else help me except you guys my entire trip.

Also I learned this trip that I get 50% in the hotel restaurant, so breakfast buffet for 3 mornings including tips cost me only $40. The waitress found out about the discount after my first day and applied it retroactively so on day 2 I tipped her what she saved me because that was so awesome of her and I wasn't expecting any discount

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I know what you mean UC, I do too. That's one of the reasons I actually talk about taking the bus because people need to hear about the good experiences and from drivers to the baggage guys and security at the terminal, I've had nothing but good experiences. Last time when I was on crutches the driver carried all my stuff for me and took them to my seat, it was just great of her, I never had anyone else help me except you guys my entire trip.

Yeah, it's unfortunate people are so inclined to think isolated incidents are the norm or the start of new trends :shakehead

Also I learned this trip that I get 50% in the hotel restaurant, so breakfast buffet for 3 mornings including tips cost me only $40. The waitress found out about the discount after my first day and applied it retroactively so on day 2 I tipped her what she saved me because that was so awesome of her and I wasn't expecting any discount

That's awesome. Meth's looking out for his fellow hospitality folks.

That looks amazing.

I ended up ordering pizza around 12:30 and had pizza and a drink before I went to bed. Last night was a great night

If I had known you were still up, I would have delivered some of the fried rice/fried noodle leftovers. Talk about fitting the stereotype :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If I had known you were still up, I would have delivered some of the fried rice/fried noodle leftovers. Talk about fitting the stereotype :laugh:

Haha, and I wouldn't have been able to resist making fun of that stereotype haha. I'm so glad you have a sense of humor or you'd have sent the Yakuza to kill me :sarcasm:

I swear I never slept more than 10 hours total all weekend, even though I was loaded Thursday night and up until 4am I was down in the restaurant for breakfast by 8 and yesterday and today I was there basically right when they opened at 6:30.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad