OT: CF Montreal thread - Zzz Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Seems like a great deal for a young domestic high-potential player. Mostly plays RB though no? Not sure if he can help reinforce CB.

Edit: Seems to fit in well in a system with 5 at the back, makes sense then since that seems to be what Nancy likes.

Can basically run a full Canada back line now, which is great since it leaves all our INT slots for more impactful positions.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Solid pick up!

What's his potential resale value? Could he eventually go to decent european club? Or is he more likely to stay we us forever?

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Solid pick up!

What's his potential resale value? Could he eventually go to decent european club? Or is he more likely to stay we us forever?
Seems to be decent. Canadian players are still a bit undervalued so I wouldn't expect a massive deal + he's a defender, but IIRC i think there was Euro interest in him, but another tweet said we also signed him to an extension so should be with us for a few years at least.

Reactions: Hope Of Glory

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Seems to be decent. Canadian players are still a bit undervalued so I wouldn't expect a massive deal + he's a defender, but IIRC i think there was Euro interest in him, but another tweet said we also signed him to an extension so should be with us for a few years at least.

Has potential to go up imo, especially if a) Canada makes the World Cup and b) he performs well under the eyes of all clubs in Qatar

Yeah, World Cup is a big factor I think. If either him or Miller can have a decent-to-good tourney against top team, we might be able to make some decent $$$.

I wonder if we go all in this year considering this is likely Djordje last year with us.

Reactions: Michelangelo

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I believe I said that I wanted him some weeks ago. That's a lot of money, like more than DJ!

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
IIRC, Chicago took 1 million in GAM and 10% of the re-sale for Djorge, so it's about the same or close to it . A lot of money by our standards, for sure.
The difference is that the Canadian teams get extra GAM from the league because of the INT spot advantage US teams have. So it's worth less to us to begin with. We're essentially using monopoly money to pay for transfers and then turning that into real money if/when these players get sold.

It's a solid strategy especially since a lot of our big contracts are gone anyway (and we have DP slots open for flexibility), so a lot of the MLS salary mechanisms don't matter too much at the moment.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Seems like a great deal for a young domestic high-potential player. Mostly plays RB though no? Not sure if he can help reinforce CB.

Edit: Seems to fit in well in a system with 5 at the back, makes sense then since that seems to be what Nancy likes.

Can basically run a full Canada back line now, which is great since it leaves all our INT slots for more impactful positions.
He plays RCB for the national team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad