OT: CF Montreal thread - Underdawg Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Feels like Courtois has been the front runner for a while now. He's probably one of the cheaper options too, so we know Joey will be happy about that . Get it done and let's get to work on the upcoming season !

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Feels like Courtois has been the front runner for a while now. He's probably one of the cheaper options too, so we know Joey will be happy about that . Get it done and let's get to work on the upcoming season !

I just had a small exchange with Nilton on Twitter. I asked if he knows if the coach has been hired but not announced yet or if Courtois is still the favorite, but nothing is set in stone.

He told me he doesn't have any news, but he said he's under the impression it will be announced net week (right before camp starts).

I think Courtois will be the guy. And I think part of the delay is may be the negotiations with Columbus didn't go as quickly as Montreal would have liked.

Reactions: QuebecPride

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I just had a small exchange with Nilton on Twitter. I asked if he knows if the coach has been hired but not announced yet or if Courtois is still the favorite, but nothing is set in stone.

He told me he doesn't have any news, but he said he's under the impression it will be announced net week (right before camp starts).

I think Courtois will be the guy. And I think part of the delay is may be the negotiations with Columbus didn't go as quickly as Montreal would have liked.
Not much the Crew can do if he really wants to leave, but they can definitely slow the process down as much as possible if they want to be jerks about it.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Not much the Crew can do if he really wants to leave, but they can definitely slow the process down as much as possible if they want to be jerks about it.

I don't think Columbus intends to not agree to let Courtois go. They'd be real assholes if they block him from getting an opportunity to move up in his career if he is interested in taking the job.

But the negotiations on the fee could be what delayed the process. It's not like once Nancy left Montreal, he was in Columbus the next week. We were hearing Montreal and Columbus were talking fees for a while before it was made official.

The negotiations for Courtois has also been around the holidays, so Columbus and Montreal might have decided to pause the talks for a moment. That is nothing by guesswork on my part here.

But also keep in mind, they did interview other candidates. So while Courtois has probably been the frontrunner, he's not the only one they spoke to.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Aww yea!!!

The moment I saw the graph Nilton posted weeks ago about which teams play the most similar style as their MLS affiliates, and saw that Columbus 2 was at the top, he was my first choice. Because he would very likely be the closest to what CFMTL had with Nancy.

And then you look at the success he's had at the MLS Next Pro league. In its two year existence, Courtois won it once and made the final the next year.

Bogert also lists a few of the names he coache and developed who went on to play for the big club.

I also really hope he pushes for CFMTL to finally join the MLS Next Pro.

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'm happy it's Courtois. Looks like he's the next Nancy. He knows the league well, speaks French, is great at developing players and probably has connections in Europe. Now the arrivals ASAP.

They better not f*** him up. I know one of the players on the team (which, along with my sons passion for the sport, is how I got into the sport this year) and they were pissed with what happened with Nancy. Losada wasn't popular at all.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
They better not f*** him up. I know one of the players on the team (which, along with my sons passion for the sport, is how I got into the sport this year) and they were pissed with what happened with Nancy. Losada wasn't popular at all.

Yea. The moment you started to hear some guys start to express their gripes in the media, and some of them being leaders on the team (Camacho, Piette, and Wanyama), you knew Losada was not the guy. And if those guys spoke out, then you know the rest of the room felt the same way.

And the best thing was to fire him even if it was only one year and continues the coaching carousel.

If the one year of Losada leads us to Courtois, I am for that.

Reactions: Andrei79

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He does come off like a pretty miserable to be around prick. Can't say I'm all that surprised, he already had a reputation coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad