OT: CF Montreal thread - Underdawg Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I was expecting we'd get our new coach by the end of the year, looks like it won't be the case. I hope it won't drag too much into 2024 at least :help: It's important to make the right choice, but you still want to get on with it.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I was expecting we'd get our new coach by the end of the year, looks like it won't be the case. I hope it won't drag too much into 2024 at least :help: It's important to make the right choice, but you still want to get on with it.

Nilton was suggesting that they are waiting for next week to announce the coach as most people are taking time off and it's some big news. I hope we get them news by next Friday

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Probably going to be announced the 2nd week of 2024. 1st week of 2024 being the finalizing stages and the coach getting settled in the city.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nilton was suggesting that they are waiting for next week to announce the coach as most people are taking time off and it's some big news. I hope we get them news by next Friday

I think at this point, they're waiting for the new year. They're a month away from camp, so they have to get this sorted in order for the coach to have enough time to set up a game plan and get to know the players before camp starts.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Bologna synergy:

Kacper Urbanski
19yo, Polish, plays AM/CM/DM and even as a winger, is not playing a lot of Serie A but had some good stats with the U19 last year (9 goals, 5 assists)

There's still Arnautovic.. who was rumored to be coming here in his later years. He's currently loaned to AC Milan and his contract ends in June 2025

Mattia Destro wouldn't cost a lot

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm all for a Sirois/Crepeau duo.
I'm not. They are both starting goalkeepers. They both need to play the majority of the games. Also, We don't have the finances to afford the luxury of two starting goalkeepers. I would like management to invest that 2nd starting goalkeeper money in goalscoring.

In addition, it wouldn't be good for the National Team either.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I'm not. They are both starting goalkeepers. They both need to play the majority of the games. Also, We don't have the finances to afford the luxury of two starting goalkeepers. I would like management to invest that 2nd starting goalkeeper money in goalscoring.

In addition, it wouldn't be good for the National Team either.

MLS teams play about 50+ games including all tournaments + playoffs.

Sirois played a shit ton last season and it showed towards the end.

It would be wise to have a duo of Crepeau and Sirois rather than Sirois and Ketterer.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Kamal lost his 2022 form. He kinda found his game in the league's cup, but it wasn't enough to convince Inter Miami. They can do better, and Kamal is still starter material in MLS.

Good trade for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad