OT: CF Montreal Thread - Civics, welcome to HFCFM Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
My thoughts. I was hoping to see him vs Columbus. They were defending against the counter pretty well for most of the game, so I thought his 1v1 skill would have helped but I guess Hamdi helped break the Crew down enough that Torres was redundant.

Nancy has been giving some time on the field to most players so far. Could we expect him as a sub in next weekend? I'd think so.

Was ZBG's injury any serious? Did we have any news?

Also we dropped two places in MLS power rankings :laugh:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Thanks to Cole. One key talent makes all the difference.

I'd still welcome more talent up front. But we really need more talent onnthe value line. But talent is an afterthought to "character" for MB...

Who is MB :sarcasm: The Sporting Director of the Impact is called Olivier Renard.

Jokes apart, you're more than welcome to speak soccer in this thread with us ;)

Reactions: ArtPeur

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Who is MB :sarcasm: The Sporting Director of the Impact is called Olivier Renard.

Jokes apart, you're more than welcome to speak soccer in this thread with us ;)

Is he though? We have a pretty exclusive thing going around here after all. I'd say new people should have to go through a strict cross examination at the very least , plus a couple paddling sessions. Perhaps carry the stone of shame a mile or two, you know, for character evaluation :naughty:

VBQCSaN7QDZDpgIlYn2gLkwXuc1co2s2dN9wbosUBs8.jpg

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
My bad. Go CF Montreal! (Still feels weird not saying Go Impact!)

Hey it's much worse than you think. We lost most songs that we could sing. The most common one, that everyone could jump in, I.M.P.A.C.T. is gone. Even the stadium announcer would invite us to say it. I wonder if the Ultras will keep using it to troll the organization :sarcasm:

But hey, the meme about defense/offense works for both teams ;)

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Hey it's much worse than you think. We lost most songs that we could sing. The most common one, that everyone could jump in, I.M.P.A.C.T. is gone. Even the stadium announcer would invite us to say it. I wonder if the Ultras will keep using it to troll the organization :sarcasm:

But hey, the meme about defense/offense works for both teams ;)

Not gonna lie, I'm gonna keep chanting Impact songs.

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
The MLS power rankings doesn't make any sense honestly
MLS is very transparent about their bias for the big market teams or pet projects across their coverage. Montreal as a smaller market with a French speaking fanbase means they're never going to care about us/can put in 0 effort.

We could win the MLS cup and their writers would have us at 15th with "decent looking run but ultimately not sustainable."

Reactions: JtotheC and ArtPeur

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Watching MLS teams in CCL is super depressing

Portland just lost to Club america and young Jean Claude Van Damme scored 2 goals

Only Philadelphia and their DP less squad left. Next round in August

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I don't think the CFM twitter handler really understood the meme, but the Whitecaps guy really nailed it.

Reactions: ArtPeur

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
I don't think the CFM twitter handler really understood the meme, but the Whitecaps guy really nailed it.
Our Twitter game is pretty weak but meh. I prefer having little videos of the players and stuff over good memes.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
The good news is that we finally have depth, where as an injury to Piatti a couple years ago was dramatic, we can afford to lose a couple of guys because Renard brought in some capable replacements. Any news on ZBG?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The good news is that we finally have depth, where as an injury to Piatti a couple years ago was dramatic, we can afford to lose a couple of guys because Renard brought in some capable replacements. Any news on ZBG?
Nancy said it wasn't too serious. I expect to see ZB2 the next few games.

Reactions: QuebecPride

willzyix

Jul 16, 2020
Really sucks for Toye, but I hope this means we see Johnsen and Quioto up top instead of Quioto and Hurtado.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Is it me or Yeferson Soteldo, TFC's new DP, looks like he's 30 but he's actually 23?

:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad